YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The smell of freshly turned delrin is more powerfu
3,173 Posts

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
News letters out on OSEL web site, November for the ICCR!!!

Nige Perkins
Order No. 96 :frown:
fook iv had 2 tenners on November already ,, and lost ,,, ( what to do . what to do ) go on then ten quid says it wont be so

25 quid on the 8hr bollox ever seeing the arse end of a cave (what,s the run time for 8hr at 100m lol ) Its got to be RMS Titanic all over again .
maybe you get a free sub with a lock out ,, with each unit ,, not much good if your in a cave with your cave cert tho

November .
Should make all the EA that are Spending Like There's No Tomorrow”, sorting the o2 monitors and back ups / huds . , V happy to know its all sorted for november ..

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
and whats all this shit about the hole in the box ,, for the o2 valve ,, and this vipx or when ever it is ,, no one can have one ist not on offer ,, never was so says the good DR, so how come all the units sent to the EA have this hole in the wrong place that only fits the vipx that they dont make or offer ,, or am i missing something ,,

ridge weres ridge ,,

·
Registered
44 Posts
The bit I would believe the most actually. DHL are absolute shite.
+1

On both occasions that I ordered from OSEL it was DHL who stuffed up in the most spectacular and imaginative ways.

Between my buddy and I, DHL managed to drop a box so hard that dip tubes on the valves sheared off, and the threads on the valves were down to bare brass, we could not even screw them into the cylinders.

And before some wise @&!$# says it wasn't packaged properly, it was DHL that opened the box and didn't replace the packaging properly.

OSEL - although they had no obligation to do so - replaced the damaged cylinders, valves and parts, plus they paid for shipping.

rgds
monty

·
Registered
130 Posts
Apoc-a-lapse II

1. So I am that rare(r) breed, an iCCR NEA, not an iCCR EA, for OSEL purposes

2. Positively - we do see some shift to the good in the quality of information in this latest newsletter.

3. But - But - But

4. What we see, is every EA and NEA that has been put in different places in a multi lined order queuing situation by OSEL, without actually being informed of what all these semantics actually mean.

5. OSEL have actually created this monster of a multi lined order queuing situation for their own convenience, but still do not seem to be able to adequately communicate its meaning and the actual cost implications to each customer NEA or EA

6. There was no time necessary for the VIPR re-design mooted the last time Dr Deas fessed up, only further time for testing and certification of the existing design, which by implication DL had already completed.

7. That testing and certification time, despite the indication of an alternative speedier laboratory to BAM being viable at the time , has in the absence of any input to the contrary, already taken over 8 months and is now destined to take well over 12 months and probably 18 months.

8. The design development, and successful delivery of this VIPR will have arguably, and actually, taken 4 years after blaming everyone else.

9. At this very late and rusty stage, what each iCCR VIPR EA & NEA customer needs, instead of having to blindly second guess OSEL on limited information, or develop homebuild solutions, are properly structured and costed options.

10. Options which are not just loosely defined, but actually clearly costed up and photographed to include the full implications of electing to take the up the interim proposal with a view to the later provision of the VIPR configuration as originally ordered.

11. As the obvious offset hole issue has (apparently) been finally admitted, addressed, and an OSEL factory supplied work around has been proposed, (couldn't they have done this when Dr Deas first suggested it and saved all the EAs being pressed into spending a fortune on homebuilding) let's have the information we need asap to select this option with all the costs and photos as above please - without any further delay.

12. And please if an interim option IS available please do not post or email me alternately saying it is, then it isn’t, then it is………if I wanted to stay at Fawlty Towers I’d have booked.

13. All I want to know is:

a. what the internal cylinder O2 Nautec valve and knob(as mentioned in the newsletter) , plus the Apollo regulator configuration looks like – photos/video/diagrams?

b. how a. sits adjacent to an externally mounted cylinder valve and regulator – photos/video/diagrams?

c. what a. costs as an interim option

d. what associated costs there will be with the later unit return to factory,installation and commissioning of the already included VIPR as originally ordered

14. Hardly a tall order is it?

Ding ding

·
Registered
130 Posts
Apoc-a-phor

Now which half of the content of the glass is vapour ware exactly?

Or is this whole glass half full, glass half empty, just a.........concept?

Can you dive it?

For 8 hours?

Ding Metaphoric Ding

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
Divers from Wellington, Boca Raton found dead in Florida Keys

i was reading the above post .. and it got me thinking ,, now that the good Dr has saved the ccr world from ist self .

maybe its time he went to the usa and did his good works , yes i know he had a go at the us market some years back and came home with his tail between legs , but i think its time he went back, divers droping like flys over the pond ,, they need a man like the good Dr ,, asap ,, and lets face it he,s got time on his hands now all them ccr he made have been sent out ,, :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
Apoc-a-Time

1. The following is an extract from the OSEL Newsletter 14 which I think reasonably requires immediate clarification from OSEL:

“In electronics, we are quoted lead times by our suppliers. These might be 4 weeks, more typically 12 or 16 weeks. However, 23 or 25 or 32 weeks is not unknown, and beyond that, the suppliers put the parts “On Allocation”.
…….
We monitor this supply situation periodically, and when parts go over 16 weeks repeatedly,we ask the Design Authority to design the part out.

We have two parts causing us problems with the iCCR build. We are trying to source those onthe “Grey Market” (good parts, held in distributors, or large companies that bought excess stock).

We are chasing the suppliers. We have also asked Deep Life to design them out. It is a race to see which of these paths complete first.

The big issue is WHEN?

The ongoing electronics replacement parts shortage is the bottleneck and this still remains outside our control.

The Deep Life design-out of the two parts would take until late November to get into production, with order uplift then only once the units roll off the production line. We are therefore pressing on our suppliers to enable iCCR production with the existing design which has no additional delay though order uplift would still take at least 2 months once the parts are received. “

2. That clarification seems to be whether what is really being said in the Newsletter is that:

a. The “Designed Out” route provides a lead time of (i. + ii. below) 6 months (i.e. March 2012)
i. 16 weeks (We monitor this supply situation periodically, and when parts go over 16 weeks repeatedly,we ask the Design Authority to design the part out)
ii. 2 months (though order uplift would still take at least 2 months once the parts are received)

b. The Non “Designed Out” route provides a lead time of (i. + ii. below) 3 months to 9 months (i.e. November 2011 to May 2012)
i. 4 – 32 weeks (4 weeks, more typically 12 or 16 weeks. However, 23 or 25 or 32 weeks)
ii. 2 months (though order uplift would still take at least 2 months once the parts are received)

3. This does seem to be the 2010/2011 OSEL history repeating itself:

a. alluding to Q4 of a year then only when Q4 is reached pushing to Q2 the following year.

b. as with the “October 2010”, “20th December 2010” and “April 2011” experience.

4. Will OSEL therefore please provide clarification as to the expected roll out of the interim non VIPR iCCR? ( photos of configurations and costs and delivery times as per my previous posts might also assist)

5. A reasonable provision of a programme for the VIPR is also still outstanding – perhaps they could clarify how this has jumped across the 8 month to the apparent 18 month period given the original indications from Dr Deas.

Ding Ding

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
In light of the latest delays, any EA's still got an order that they haven't had delivered and now don't want to wait on? (O2 or ICCR)
I'm in the market for another 1 or possibly 2 Apoc's. I'm in a position to take over an order (or 2) at the same cost (buying out your deposit) and save you from having to wait for a refund.

Simon A

·
Registered
110 Posts
In light of the latest delays, any EA's still got an order that they haven't had delivered and now don't want to wait on? (O2 or ICCR)
I'm in the market for another 1 or possibly 2 Apoc's. I'm in a position to take over an order (or 2) at the same cost (buying out your deposit) and save you from having to wait for a refund.

Simon A
In view of the current status of the monitoring, I would suggest any iCCR EA to go for the iCCR split option and get wet with the O2 unit with appropriate O2 monitoring (CE or not CE).
To respond to yr que Simon, I might give up on the monitoring.. who knows if I'd really like it (dixit Ian/Yanosh)..
but not just yet...I'll wait 'till November and see what delay comes up next (we're getting experienced now).

cheers,

Ivan

1 - 18 of 18 Posts