YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
'Caribbean' Ian
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello everybody peeps,

I did my TDI Basic nitrox in sharm last year and now want to do some more TDI.

Any suggestions for instructors / schools and prices would be greatly appreciated, as would any other advice.

Also, i think my kit may not be suitable, Glide 2000BCD, MK25TA, S600T & R380 (the bol*x but no good for nitrox according to scubapro). Advice here would be most useful as well!

Ta

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Shame you are in London else I'd have suggested Andy Hayhurst of Dalesdivers (based in Sedburgh, J36 M6) - top chap and doing my B&A 'trox with him in four weeks time.

For sarf' try...

Mark Powell
Dive-Tech: Technical Diver Training
http://www.dive-tech.co.uk

He's on here as "Mark Powell" and if you click HERE you will link to the YD course he is running. Not met the guy so can't comment but others will after the 22nd Feb no doubt.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

Hi Gityerkneedahn, I'm sure there's a good story behind that name!

I'm organising a number of TDI courses for YD divers in and around London.

We are currently looking at two Advanced Nitrox/Deco Procedures courses, which im guessing is what you are looking at.

Dates are 26th/27th Feb - NDC and March 20th/21st - Stoney or NDC.

If you have any questions then let me know.

·
To dive or not to dive - that's not even an option
2,998 Posts
Imported post

Most regs. are fine with up to 40% nitrox regardless of what the makers say, you can't use titanium and must have your tanks O2 clean or they won't get filled. To keep them clean you must always use double filtered air. "Brown" O rings for nitrox are also desireable. If you are going to use nitrox all the time it may be worth getting dedicated kit but you usualy only see that on ponies/stage cylinders for high %age deco.

Most people I know just use normal kit.

James

·
more weaselly than a weaselly thing
3,628 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (narkedat50 @ Jan. 30 2004,01:16)]"Brown" O rings for nitrox are also desireable.

James
O ring colour means squat Im afraid. manufacturers colour all sorts of O rings.

I've seen all sorts used with Pure O2 (Viton, EPDM, Buna) quite happily, although I tend to see some dusting on the Bunas. For my gear, I just use EPDM throughout, saves messing around (ie I service everything on the HP side for pure O2). For second stages, I dont bother farting around, they get whatever they get.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

As far as I remember You dont need any special kit for Advanced Nitrox excpt a delayed SMB. Singles and BCD are fine. Same for Decompresion Procedures but you will need a stage bottle. A pony will do. Next step is entry level Trimix and by that time you should have a wing and a twinset. Trimix on a single is getting a bit silly

I used Paul R Marks and did Advanced Nitrox at Wraysbury Nr Heathrow and Decompresion Procedures at Stony.

Paul is on : 07860 239332

www.aquanaut.org.uk

I liked his no nonsence attitude and he definitly walks the walk

ATB

Mark Chase

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>dave taylor , now that name rings a bell

Got his business card sat right here in front of my comp,,,,,,,,, Chip gave me it a few years back

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yeah , i know ,,,, Think he was on the boat with the rest trying kit that was sponsored to them just before they went out and did the POW trip.

Now them masks with the ear for equalisationnnnnnnnnnnnn PMSL..... never seen a bit of useless kit in all my life.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy the Commie 2 @ Jan. 31 2004,12:46)]Now them masks with the ear for equalisationnnnnnnnnnnnn PMSL..... never seen a bit of useless kit in all my life.
<font color='#0000FF'>andy,
one of the lads who dives malin uses it,if not he has major hassle with descents.
granted he looks like a right tit,sorry paul.
but it works for him and he swears by them.
cheers
barrie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts