YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Nice itinerary there dude. Hope you don't forget a detailed dive report for YD on your return?

Any chance you could give us an idea of the specific route/flights/durations in each place??

Dive safe.

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I've been to all these except Belize, which probably has the best diving if you go to the right area. The north side of Grand Cayman (it's actually called North Side) has excellent diving. The wall slopes steeply to 2000 (!) m and you'll see "squadrons" of eagle rays, lots of turtles, tarpon and various other big stuff as well as all the little things on the wall. Cozumel also has some very nice diving, with lots of life  and interesting underwater topography. There are some strong currents, though. I was personally disappointed in Roatan as far as the diving is concerned. The u/w topography is nice and there is quite a lot of life but nothing big, owing to many years' overfishing. I'm told that the fishing is more tightly controlled today but that there still aren't many big fish. All in all, I'm sure you'll have a fantastic trip and I look forward to reading your report in due course, Dave.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>OK Bren itinerary.
Norwegian Cruise Line out of Miami 4pm on Feb 28th,  Grand Cayman 9am 1st, depart 3pm.   Roatan 12pm   2nd, depart 6pm.  Belize 8am 3rd, depart 5pm.   Cozumel 7am 4th  depart 8pm.
Miami 7am 6th.
$399 + port charges and tax

1 - 4 of 4 Posts