YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Do you reckon you could get combro to put some slots for the buddy bands in a nigel plate? I haven't spoken to them, but wondered if anyone had got this done, or enquired with them. They would just be like the harness slots, but obviously in the right places. Maybe Nigel will be along in a minute to tell me why he didn't do it in the first place!!!

It's just I dive indies from the uni club, and they don't like it when we put S/S bands on a tank. I know it won't scratch the paint, they don't.

Any help appreciated.

Digs.

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

I'm assuming a Nigel plate is a s/s backplate only better. One of my mates had slots for Buddy bands lazer cut into his so he could use singles. Diverites has slots in it i think?. Nothing's impossible.  

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Imported post

Just stick 'em in with a grinder, deas easy.  Its what I did.

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>With a grinder? Are you sreious? Letting me play with tools like that. Anyone would think I was responsible and careful or something...

I'd rather get it laser-cut, to be honest. I'm sure I could put the slots in, but I just don't fancy doing it this week.

Of course, I could just phone Combro.

Anyone who's confused by the gubbins I'm on about, go to www.backplates.co.uk

I also might be trying to make up a fourth on the postage, so if anyone wants one at £35 (total cost + p&p) in the Nottingham area, e-mail me and I might have one knocking around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts