YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
This is true. Perhaps it is because you ignore it rather than smothering it with attention and Virkon. I think your Sentinel is just trying to be extra nice to you in the hope you show it some love back.

Perhaps all those that lavish their Sentinel with maintainance and spare parts give their unit the impression that it is in charge of the diver, not the other way round.

If Scuttler ever buys one I should think that after a month in a dark shed growing a few weeds in the loop he'll be rewarded with a 100% trouble free unit.
Apparently I must spread the grey :eek:

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
We're getting there.
OK the HP sensors seem to have given up but I can just turn them off but it pre-breathed and worked and I've got ppO2 readings.
Now if I just put on a couple of old analogue SPGs I think I'm diving.

Cinderella is going to the Ball.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
mine is finger tight, i can turn it with finger and thumb, forefinger on the catch and thumb on the receiver.
I've tried everything, new rings, old rings, clean rings, lightly greased rings, sticky rings...
Take the ring out and it just rattles about so it isn't eccentric.

It's an ambient to ambient seal so I don't know why it is built like the breach of a big navel gun...

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
It's an ambient to ambient seal so I don't know why it is built like the breach of a big navel gun...
lots of silicon grease on it, o-ring and the seat on the central tub section, then i make a point of never leaving it with the scrubber and can connected, mine is a bitch if i forget to take it off for a few days after diving.

·
Waiting to see what happens
3,844 Posts
We're getting there.
OK the HP sensors seem to have given up but I can just turn them off but it pre-breathed and worked and I've got ppO2 readings.
Now if I just put on a couple of old analogue SPGs I think I'm diving.

Cinderella is going to the Ball.
Enjoy :D

·
Ex-Member
2,180 Posts
lots of silicon grease on it, o-ring and the seat on the central tub section, then i make a point of never leaving it with the scrubber and can connected, mine is a bitch if i forget to take it off for a few days after diving.
Same for me, but I still needed a 1lb dead blow hammer to get it undone; at least to start it moving, then could get it off with fingers like when it was new.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nigel,

Is this the first installment of your trip report? Hope you get everything sorted in time.

See you on Friday.

Andy.

ps Don't forget your weighing scales to see how quickly the calories convert to extra lbs.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Yes it's Valkyrie....
Now just to add to the fun the battery in my beloved OSTC has died.
No chance of finding a CMICR18500F in Brighton tomorrow so I'm not using that either.

This is all down to crummy weather meaning no real diving this year since we got back from the club holiday I guess.

·
Mr potty mouth: Sweeping generalist...............
2,382 Posts
Yes it's Valkyrie....
Now just to add to the fun the battery in my beloved OSTC has died.
No chance of finding a CMICR18500F in Brighton tomorrow so I'm not using that either.

This is all down to crummy weather meaning no real diving this year since we got back from the club holiday I guess.
Mr H, I don't know which way your driving up there but my bet is that you pass within 5 miles of circa 20 OSTC owners of which if asked nicely would lend you theirs for the week.....
I am J1 M1.

P

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Mr H, I don't know which way your driving up there but my bet is that you pass within 5 miles of circa 20 OSTC owners of which if asked nicely would lend you theirs for the week.....
Really kind but I try never to dive anybody else's kit these days.
Remember I upload my own code into the thing which is the point of having it.
Fortunately the Sentinel has two computers built into it so I'm not short of a deco-guess but it's just annoying.

I have to get the bulk of the stuff packed tonight as I want to be on the way early on Friday to overnight at Inverness.
Having done both Scapa and Geneva quite a few times Geneva is nearer and quicker. <sigh>

Hey what is it with me and batteries tonight? Even the multi-meter is flat.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I can send you an OSTC 2 battery to you to arrive on the Valkyrie Friday?
I will throw money! PM details of where.

Helen's being a sweetie too. It would be nice to use it. It hasn't done much this year.

At last I'm getting some ticks on the kit-list and the pile to load into the car is growing.
Hopefully I'm over the toddler temper tantrums stage and I can just calm down and get on and sort it out.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I am being rescued. Thanks guys.

Actually I know why I normally have trouble on trips like this. It's because they are usually the first thing in the year and after that I've knocked all the bugs out and yes things break but they don't all come in a rush.
However when it's been good weather over these last few months I've been trying to jump off hills not boats so the gear all thinks it's had a winter lay off.

As ever it's my fault.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.