YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whatto Chaps?

I thought I'd put this here as there now seems to be some genuine interest in this gig.

So, Kirky, Davey Willo, Ben, Trev TwoTanx have already expressed a preference to do the gig. Anyone else?? Andy2Tanx won't say no, I know, and Andy DalesDiver lives on the doorstep of the place, so it's not gonna be a stretch for him. Jay's gonna be there for the course too.

Can we please have a list of names to do the night dive??? Sign up here please.

Cheers and see you when we get back.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Well obviously I HAVE to be there just to keep you chaps in order, so I think its fairly safe to say.... Davey's there!!! :biggrin:

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

What date are you proposing? I'm away until the middle of November but if its after that or before the 30th Oct, then yes please

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

I am in - but need a date to absolutely confirm

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

The date for the Adv Nitrox course (which is when we're planning this night dive) is (and Davey, correct me here if I'm wrong) the weekend of the Saturday 16th (Capernwray) and Sunday 17th (Wastwater) November. So we'd do the night dive at about midnight on the Saturday night, as Devil's Bridge is nary a hop, skip and jump from the Cape.

So even if you're not doing the course, be rude not get in amongst it and enjoy the dive with the troop!

Look forward to seeing as many as can make it there!!!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Bren

The course does indeed start on the 16th, with the Basic Nitrox and two dives on the Saturday, followed by the Advanced Nitrox and a further two dives on the Sunday.

To tell the truth bro, I'm not sure if it's the best idea to add this on that same weekend for a few reasons...

It's gonna be a knackering weekend anyway, what with Saturday's theory lessons, travelling to dives, kitting dekitting, two dives, travelling back etc etc, by the time midnight comes around nobody will be wanting to leave the warmth of their particular pitch to drive off and kit up somewhere cold and dark to leap into a third dive, especially with all of the serious stuff looming Sunday morning.

Personally I'll want to be tucked up in my sack with maybe a couple of nice warm JD's sending me to sleep, Sunday's theory is going to be a ball tightener so I don't want to be too knackered and the journey to Wastwater is two hours from Andy's with a further 4 hours home from there... God I'm tired already just thinking about it.. lol!!

So.... the choice is yours gentlemen but I'd really rather not choose that particular weekend.

I'm away until the 1st of November (Did I mention I'm going to Egypt??? lol) and then its the course 16-17th but any other dates are good for me...

Suggestions??

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Sounds reasobable mate.

Looks like we'll have to choose another date then. Suggestions??

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

Me?? On a Saturday night? Drinking intoxicating liquids? Are you mad? Never hcuot the ffuts!! Hic.

Are there three 'L's in Bollox??

Take it easy mate and enjoy the Red Sea!! I don't want to hear any whining about piss-poor viz of 20+ metres. If I do, you're going over my knee and being called Mandy for the evening!!

Enjoy.

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Dave
Exactly when and where in Egypt?
Not Sharm about the 3rd is it?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Play this one by ear with the TDI weekend....

But do we have to go to Crap and Rainy? I'm not too keen on diving through my stomach contents....

####.... must send that reg off, and get some new tanks.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Hate to be rude about caps but the viz there is really great at the moment (add sarcasm!)
Its good if you want to simulate swamp diving!!! Yesterday it was about 50cm to 2 m.  Such fun!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

Is that with or without refractive error? Makes a difference at that sort of level :rofl2:

Besides, since we'll be doing mask-off stuff will it make that much of a difference?

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

Its probably great for practicing stuff...... Your always better training off in the worst possible conditions!  Brilliant for Navigation Training.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Now then Ben, 2m viz at Caps, you were privileged :biggrin: luxury lad, when I were training we dived in settling tank at local sewage works

·
Registered
9 Posts
Imported post

count me in on this one, just give me a time and a place and i'll be there.
the lamps are on charge and i'm raring to go.
how long are you planning to dive for? my last night dive
was 92 minutes @15 mts,is a twinset and 7ltr sidemount over the top for this one??? or is 12 ltr & pony ok. how far down river do you expect to drift? I've probably got enough cylinders to reach the sea

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Imported post

You might have a long walk back to your car!!!!!

Last time I saw Devils Bridge the water was a right nasty brown colour, probably making it like a night dive during the day!!!
Still through endurance we conquer and all that...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts