YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
2 plugs Parker
745 Posts
Imported post

Last time I had a look at Devils Bridge there was a lad there just getting kitted up and he was using twin 15s. A little over the top for a 6 meter dive I thought, unless you intend staying under for 3 weeks that is ;)

Ali

·
Killed in the line of Duty. RIP.
173 Posts
Imported post

Ah
Devils Bridge, or the river Lune, I think its called. Trev put the twinset away, you'll need a 12 at most, you can only get as far down as the lower bridge as its blocked off with stones. Max depth 6.1 metres according to my computer.
Ben don't even think about jumping of the bridge, I remember seeing several large pieces of steel reinforcing stuck in the river bed waiting to assist some-one with their piles

Can remember seeing any fish on that dive

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Ali on 8:18 pm on Oct. 24, 2002
Last time I had a look at Devils Bridge there was a lad there just getting kitted up and he was using twin 15s. A little over the top for a 6 meter dive I thought, unless you intend staying under for 3 weeks that is ;)

Ali
<span =''>

Hmmm.. I've recently gone over to twin tens which I plan to use routinely,  I'm expecting to get some stick for that from time to time... Twin 15's though! Jeez, wouldn't fancy walking far with those babies on.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

</span>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote: from Steve W on 10:29 am on Oct. 25, 2002
Hmmm.. I've recently gone over to twin tens which I plan to use routinely,  I'm expecting to get some stick for that from time to time... Twin 15's though! Jeez, wouldn't fancy walking far with those babies on.
<span =''>Ask our esteemed Mr. Hayhurst about his twin-20's then!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

[/quote]Ask our esteemed Mr. Hayhurst about his twin-20's then!
[/quote]
Jesus H! must be a big guy then!
BTW managed to get thru to Andy last night, deffo on for TDI course so look forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Imported post

Sounds like we've got a right old squad of banter-wallahs for this TDI gig with Andy Dales!! Wouldn't miss it for the world based on this current teamsheet - and a bloody good opp to meet you chaps face-to, as they say.

Now to cancel my weekend in EdinBERRG that has been planned since eighteen-canteen.

See ya all when we get back. Oh, BTW, I have one Muttha of a post gig dive report to hand into you chsps!! AND the pickies to prove it - hammerheads, Sub-aqua Manta Ray Ballets (eight at once at a 'cleaning station'), turtles the size of taxis (in the holds of wrecks!), indeed, as the French are wont to say:"Les Monty des Full"!!!!

Back on the 5th November, take care guys.

(Edited by Bren Tierney at 1:47 pm on Oct. 29, 2002)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.