YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

As requested i've put the ball in the pond for a night dive on thursday night, the 23th of Jan, at Ellerton park lake just off the A1 near Catterick, North Yorkshire. Ellerton is an old gravel pit about 8m deep with cars, boats sunk to play on, perch and pike can sometimes be seen on the wrecks.
There are hot showers on site and I will provide tea and coffee, the local dive centre is going to be open for air etc. Please mail me if your up for it [email protected] the web site for Ellerton is www.ellertonpark.co.uk hopefully see you there.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Ian, Just to let others on the board see that this gig is a go-er I'm putting my hand up here... :wavey: I'll see you there matey..

Oh.. BTW what time are you wanting us to gather, shall we collect in the carpark (freeze yer nads off) or at Chris's shop where it might be a bit warmer waiting until we have a full compliment of divers on site ready to roll...

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Will be able to get a fill afterwards or will Batty be closed? It's just that my twins are filled ready for Abbs at the weekend
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Ian, what time will Chris's shop be open till? if we meet at 6, expect to be in the water for 6.30, dive time say 45 mins?? with de-kit etc it'd be about 8pm when we're needing fills, would that be ok? Also what's his filling setup, is it X pounds for X minutes from an air-bank (like Scoutscroft) or is it  simply X pounds per tank?

Reason is I've found that, with at least one shop, that if you've got a twin set with relatively full tanks, say, 170 bar in each, they still charge you for two tanks worth of air which seems a bit off when you're only putting in the equivalent of 120 bar, so it'd be a good time to close the isolator
Chee-az
Steve

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Living so close in Redcar it would be unsociable not to come along if thats ok guys.I have a buddy (soon to be a YD) I will press gang along :bash:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Apparently my missus wants to come too, However my boss wants to work with me on an experiment on Thursday so I'm going to need to make sure he knows I'm not hanging around after 5pm, could be a smallish problem for me, will have to wait and see
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Every cloud has a silver lining - something went FUBAR at work but the upshot is I'm not doing that experiment with the boss tomorrow, so I will deffo be there by 6pm and won't have to worry about missing the gig
Chee-az
Steve

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Hi all, Air is per Tank, I dont know about the twin set up.
The dive centre is open untill 9pm and I have asked for the car park gate to be left open. We can meet in the car park, I'm in the VW camper hence tea / coffee etc. Get there when you can, we can dive more then once if needed. If you haven't dived Ellerton before there is a charge of £3.50 by the local farmer, ( but you do get hot showers ).
I look forwards to meeting you all.
Ian

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

Well y'all have a lovely time guys. By way of background I am working in the Smurk during the week until October but will be around at weekends for dive fun. Also am thinking of going and camping at St Abbs for a week in the summer if we have a spell of settled weather: I reckon could do 15 dives easy and cheaper than the Red Sea!

Dive safe all,

Paul

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Ian, Steve, Kev I'm sorry lads but I'm gonna have to cock off on the night dive.. bummer I know, but on a brighter note I WILL be at Abbs all weekend, hope to see you guys there.

Have a goodun!
Dave

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Im still going (got all me kit in the car, hope the car park is secure enuff oo-er...) not sure if my other half is coming as yet. I Reckon just the one dive will be plenty for me
see yaz aal the neet like!
Steve

1 - 17 of 17 Posts