YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the basis that no-one has already done so, I've set up this months challenge.

Furthest in June. Although we all know that Soggy will win. Could someone please put a stone in his shoe so he'll find it uncomfortable to run more than about a mile a day :D

I'll invite those who were invited last month, but if I miss anyone, or anyone else wants to play, please let me know your nike+ id, or email and I'll send an invite.

:)

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I've already got 11km on the board lol......

and i've finally got to Purple level today, so its only another 2500km to go to get to black level. So i reckon another 18 months running and i'll be there.:D

·
- .... . / -.. .. ...- . / ..-. --- .-. ..- --
557 Posts
Morag, can you put me on the list please? I won't challenge soggy but at least it will help with our preparation to the Cardiff half! Pm sent with my email address Ta!

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've already got 11km on the board lol......

and i've finally got to Purple level today, so its only another 2500km to go to get to black level. So i reckon another 18 months running and i'll be there.:D
Yes. I noticed. :rolleyes:

I'm a bit pissed off, as i seem to have lost tonights 6km. It's on the iphone, and allegedly synced, but isn't appearing in nike+ :( bugger.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I'm a bit pissed off, as i seem to have lost tonights 6km. It's on the iphone, and allegedly synced, but isn't appearing in nike+ :( bugger.
i actually went to purple earlier this week but i had a run disappear on me too.

did you log your run before you signed into this months comp?

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I had a couple appear on Nike + but not on the challenge. Coming to the end of a week off running.....sadly there aren't too many non concrete surfaces to run on near me and last week got hit with shin splints fairly bad. Think it's a combo of poor stretching with heavy road running. Itching to get back into it. SWMBO bought me Paula Radcliffe's book How to Run. Some good stuff in there but I'm struggling to find the decent iTunes Nike+ playlists for a half marathon. I thought I'd be able to go in, select a finish time and get a playlist using some of my songs as reference for musical taste.....sadly not :(

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i actually went to purple earlier this week but i had a run disappear on me too.

did you log your run before you signed into this months comp?
nope. I set the challenge up this afternoon, and ran after work. It may turn up eventually - it has done this before. There was an update on the app a couple of days ago, which might have upset things. Hey ho.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
and last week got hit with shin splints fairly bad. Think it's a combo of poor stretching with heavy road running.
if it continues then get your running gait checked as you may need orthotics to level off your feet. It worked for me.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
if it continues then get your running gait checked as you may need orthotics to level off your feet. It worked for me.
Had it checked by the shop when I bought the shoes. Apparently I have a neutral gait. But if it continues then I'll go back and get it rechecked.

·
It's not the winning, it's the taking part!
507 Posts
I'm in for June, let myself down :cry: in May..... and just to explain why I'm still an orange even though my mileage says more...... I get a recurring calf problem when I run, so mostly restricted to the elliptical trainer. Sadly it only logs your miles (but looses about 20% of your distance in converting to cardiomiles, or something, so my 12.5k alwasy converts to a little over 10k! :angry:), but doesn't credit your colour status.... I so want to be green!

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I'm in for June, let myself down :cry: in May..... and just to explain why I'm still an orange even though my mileage says more...... I get a recurring calf problem when I run, so mostly restricted to the elliptical trainer. Sadly it only logs your miles (but looses about 20% of your distance in converting to cardiomiles, or something, so my 12.5k alwasy converts to a little over 10k! :angry:), but doesn't credit your colour status.... I so want to be green!
Do what I do then.

Tie the shoes to the neighbour's dog, enjoy a pint in the pub :D

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
I completed my personal challenge today of 1500km in 52 week. I think i did it early but can't remember when i set the date.

Ive now upped the challenge and gone for 2000km in 52 weeks.

anyone else got personal challenges going?

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
I completed my personal challenge today of 1500km in 52 week. I think i did it early but can't remember when i set the date.

Yep....I've challenged myself to run this week :D

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I did a fair few personal challenges last year, but none so far - I might just set one up, otherwise I'll end up failing to do anything decent in the Cardiff Half

·
Registered
69 Posts
As a newbie to the Nike+ thing ive set up a 0-250k in 3 months and a yellow-black level in 4 years! Might make it, who knows!

·
No longer a diver :o(
698 Posts
Dumb question - can I use one of THESE ?

Does it include the foot thingy??

1 - 20 of 34 Posts