YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I've been looking for yonks for a Nikonos V and I've been offered an unused 'Body' for £500 (with 6 months warranty) with a new lens for £135.

Is this a good deal?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

I saw a Nik V plus underwater casing FS in a Tunbridge Wells shop a while ago for about £300...
If I hadn't been broke, I'd have been severely tempted!

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Ah - are you getting a Nikonos V confused with a Nikon F5, 'cause a Niknonos V is already waterproof (much like Sea and Sea).

There's actually one on Ebay UK for about £300 including lens at the moment, but I'm slightly dubious about buying something like that over ebay due to warranty issues (i.e. this one is from a shop so comes fully serviced with warranty etc.. and possibly may even be new).

·
Mark W
4,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

I forgot to elaborate - the biggest problem is whether or not it's been flooded, and then how quickly it was serviced. Flooding it doesn't kill it, but not repairing it pretty quickly does kill them.

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Imported post

Nope, I was getting the camera confused with a casing
I thought the Nik V was a camera in a housing, didn't realise it was a dedicated underwater camera.
Live and learn..

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

The last time I priced them they were about £500 new.
No dispute they are the business. A mate of mine has one prepare for megga bucks, the Nikon flash strobe kit is £200plus and the lenses £100 plus a throw. They are a lot less abroad. You can pick up lenses etc second hand and there are alternatives to the Nikon brand items i'm led to believe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts