YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Does anyone have, or know of a piece of software that will help in the blending of Nitrox.

What I'm looking for is essentially a program or spreadsheet, that I can input current pressure & mix and desired O2 % for a given volume. With the end result being instructions to decant x bar of O2 then top off with air.

i.e 32% 80bar 24L vol. req'd final mix 32% .......  Ans add x bar of O2.

many thanks

gareth

edited for poor spelling & grammer

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

PM me your email address and I will send you something across (file size 400kb) - if you are interested.

I have never actually needed to use it so I can't vouch for its accuracy but it looks well prepared.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Mixing Prog with V Planner?

I think there's also a mixing prog which comes as part of the V planner deco software - free download shareware. Just google for V Planner.

·
Registered
297 Posts
You are right there is a blending program with V-Planer
but to use this you have to pay the reg fee,
it's a good bit of software, the fee works out a bout £42.00
and give's free updates
safe diving
dave burke

·
Hopping Mad
134 Posts
Gas Blender sheet

Gareth

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll send you the sheet we use which gives all you want, as well as air top-off mixes and pressure bleeding.

It also gives MODs.

KR's

·
Registered
66 Posts
Nitrox Blender Software

Try a Google search for "Threcks Nitrox Blender for Windows '95" for a quick and easy downloadable tool.

Also Stuart Morrison's excellent deco software 'XS' available free via "Lizardland" has a gas blending subsection.

Cheers

Scoff
(CDG - Northern Section QD)

·
Registered
377 Posts
Seac Sub

Go to the Seac Sub site they used to have a nitrox calculator as an available download. I got it and is nice & easy!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I set up a gas blender program in Excel for use on an Ipaq. It can blend from a known nitrox mix (our club has banks of 40%) or Oxygen and can do trimix as well as Nitrox.It's nothing special, but it seems to work. If anyone wants a copy PM me.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
A reply to a five year old thread!

I know you're new here and I shouldn't laugh but I am...

·
aka,,, Tom Thompson
3,626 Posts
reply in haste , , , , repent at leisure,
as my oft quoted gran used to say ,, but only after thinking about the original question for a while.:thumbs_up:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts