YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure the YD Massive will be able to help me out here.

Where can I get nitrox fills in London? Ideally nice and close to Wimbledon??? The more suggestions, the better

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
As both of them have said, Amphibian are spot on for all gasses, and have a booster for O2 as well, if necessary.

Aquanaut in Kingston.
Wraysbury can be handy, especially as open on Sundays. Did have a booster, no idea if they still do.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers all.

I usually go for Amphibian, lovely as they are they're a bit too much of a mission to get to. Will have to give Aquanauts a try.

Wraysbury are out as far as I am concerned. I have seen what happens to primary light heads when people's cylinders go in for a fill. I also remember the teeth sucking and major drama that followed me asking for a single 15L to have 32% put in it!

·
Team HPDW - 10/90 for the Boys
5,435 Posts
Another vote for Amphibian in West Norwood
I travel in from Hammersmith for my gas which is a real pain but the service you get makes up for any hassle.
If you need something, ask and they will do everything they can to help.
Last time I was there he'd opened up 2 hours early as a regular had called with a torch emergency and they opened up to fix it at 7am on a saturday.
They have a great setup for gas, kit and servicing and I'd vote this place as the best dive shop in the South of England.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
I usually go for Amphibian, lovely as they are they're a bit too much of a mission to get to. Will have to give Aquanauts a try.
I find that too, unfortunately. The only real chance I get to go there, is a Saturday morning, and if I am meant to be diving, I have to plan it a week in advance. The traffic through Norwood can be a real pig.

I haven't actually used Aquanauts, so no idea if it is a full fill etc.

·
Daft Yank
219 Posts
Just to pile on - another vote for Amphibian. James is a very helpful guy. I haven't been using them as much for fills lately as it is a killer drive from where I live near Paddington all the way down there, but a great shop. Same as you, I would only make that journey through central London first thing on Sturday mornings befor the traffic builds.

I also use scubazone in NW London near Swiss Cottage, but that won't work well from Wimbledon :-(

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
I am sure the YD Massive will be able to help me out here.

Where can I get nitrox fills in London? Ideally nice and close to Wimbledon??? The more suggestions, the better
Hurry up hurry up- we're diving next weekend. Are you ommmmmmmming for good weather yet? I have been but I fear I may have peaked too early.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hurry up hurry up- we're diving next weekend. Are you ommmmmmmming for good weather yet? I have been but I fear I may have peaked too early.
Mate I have been ommmmmming for England, not just for good weather but also for a lack of plankton bloom!

Was hoping HP would be back from Malta and able to get my gas sorted down at ESAC, but that pesky volcano has put that plan out of action!

·
Dive tart, just can't say no :-)
9,453 Posts
Mate I have been ommmmmming for England, not just for good weather but also for a lack of plankton bloom!

Was hoping HP would be back from Malta and able to get my gas sorted down at ESAC, but that pesky volcano has put that plan out of action!
Tris he could have got back by now but guess where his priorities lie? :D

·
Guru
7,112 Posts
Honey I'm home :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.