YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>I have heard that Sea Dog in Huddersfield is now charging £8 for a nitrox fill.  

Anyone know if this is true?

What is the price range elsewhere around the country for stuff.

PS Heard a little rumour that the owner is trying to save for his early retirement in SE Aisa?

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Mikes of Warrington charge £5 for a 12L up to 40% (£10 for a twinset)

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Denney at Redcar charge £4.50 up to 40% on single cylinders.
same for my twin 7's

·
Banned
1,217 Posts
Imported post

You lot are getting stiffed.  I pay £3.50 for twin 7s, 12 or a 10.  Or if you want air, you can join the club for £15 and then pay a pound for any cylinder you want for a year.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

1p per litre O2 + £2.50 for the air top-up

Peter

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

£2 a Nitrox fill in our club. £10 in club subs for a years worth of Air.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>£ 8 per J bottle ,,,,,works & mates compressor £ 0 ,, my garage ,,,,,,,,

Over a  year, works out to be £ .96 a fill last year.

Andy

Oh , forgot to say, work lost a few j's last year  
 ( i did tell them to secure them to the deck better .

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Oct. 06 2003,17:57)]1p per litre O2 + £2.50 for the air top-up

Peter
Same at my LDS.

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

I think last time I filled at seadog I paid a tenner for both my 12's filling , one o nitrox and one of air, and i think it was 6 quid for the nitrox and 4 quid for the air but cant be sure. it seems to be different every time.

·
"That's NOT my avatar! It's film of me AFTER I was
528 Posts
Imported post

GoDive in Derby don't charge for Nitrox or Air!

Check here for directions GoDive

He can be a little odd to get on with at times, but I've shopped there for nearly a year now and keep going back (and not just for the free fills!
)

·
Registered
179 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Thud,

Thats me hitting the floor at Simply Scuba being cheaper than the other places. So £4 for twin twelves at Canterbury divers if its between 10 and 11.30 on a sat morning when i'm filling bottles.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jlwarlow @ Oct. 09 2003,13:32)]GoDive in Derby don't charge for Nitrox or Air!

Check here for directions GoDive

He can be a little odd to get on with at times, but I've shopped there for nearly a year now and keep going back (and not just for the free fills!
)
<font color='#000F22'>They may not charge but I don't count 250 as a proper fill in 300s  

and whenever we ask do they have stuff in stock then drive over only to find oh, what a shame, don't have it, but they can order it for us (and then charge some hefty postage prices!)

used to champion them but just not worth the effort anymore.  

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

£10-12 for a single cylinder is quite normal for nitrox up to 40% at diveshops and centres here in Sweden. Air costs about £4 per fill. I get air fills free through my club's contract with an LDS and nitrox fills (10 L x 300 bar) for £4 from an acquaintance who has his own compressor.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts