YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

What is the going rate to do a basic nitrox course( up to 40% mix)I have been quoted £69.00 to £150.00 for the course.

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
Imported post

I paid £79 for the TDI version. Should have been £99 I think.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hi

I paid £90 for the BSAC combined Nitrox (Basic and Advanced).

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

I'm getting quote's for £130 plus 2 dives at £15 each.. that's all along the south coast..

I'm booking it with Emperor Divers / Red Sea for $199 including 2 dives when I go on me holls. Warm and great Vis so that works.. and it costs about £130 all in all

Sean

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

I did mine for £65 (I think) last year with GO-DIVE, PADI enriched air diver.

Take heed of the devils gas  

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Guys

I agree on it being taught at BSAC branch level, but i think it should proberably be at Sport Level. As for the cost, i think of the £90 quid i paid £45 covered the Basic and Advanced Course Books plus the BSAC Nitrox Deco tables. Of the remaining £45 the card £12 and the SDC registration £12, so that leaves £21 to cover bottle hire, Nitrox fills and instructores expences.

Which i was quite happy to pay, i also think thats quite good value for money.

The books could be an additional insert into the new Student Study Books.

I'm currently looking at getting a few in my club qualified to instruct it, we will then run it internally. All 3 of us need to do is understudy on a course and i beleve register as a Nitrox instructor (we are already instructors and advanced Nitrox divers).

Wont be that easy.

Regards

Paul

·
T.L.S. More dives than posts
688 Posts
Imported post

Our club ran one last year for about £75 for the combined nitrox course.(50%). If you are BSAC contact your regonal coach to see if theres a club running an in house course in your area.
Kev W

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Depends where you are - my local TDI instructor does it for £50 and no qual dives (cos you don't need them) - BTW this guy is a SERIOUS tekkie, teaches full trimix and is very highly regarded.  Goes cheap on basic Nitrox cos he wants everybody on it.  £130 totally takes the piss.

It should be one of the first disciplines taught after the rescue quals are done- every now and then I'm obliged to dive air (holidays etc) and I bloody hate it. Rubbish no deco times, if you go into deco it racks up at an astonishing rate, not to mention repetitive diving.

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Agreed, we do most of our diving on enriched air mainly because of the increased safety margin.  
and you can see more of the wreck  

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.