YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive not done any diving before, neither has my GF, but we picked up a voucher which would make for a fun trip to london, from Groupon. This was last year. I forget the exact price, but we paid roughly half price, saved quite a bit.

What is to be expected from a full day in a pool? Were quite excited, but havent yet ordered the book we need to make a 14 hour study of (I was told over the phone) before booking our course.

Would much rather learn in a Caribbean sea, but then we all have to start somewhere I suppose!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Try and dig out the detail of what you have bought. Some of the Groupon offers are for the PADI Scuba Diver course which is not the same as a full Open Water course. With the Scuba Diver course you are quite restricted in the type of diving you will be able to do.
Also find out what book it is you need as there may be someone here that let you have a 2nd hand one cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Try and dig out the detail of what you have bought. Some of the Groupon offers are for the PADI Scuba Diver course which is not the same as a full Open Water course. With the Scuba Diver course you are quite restricted in the type of diving you will be able to do.
Also find out what book it is you need as there may be someone here that let you have a 2nd hand one cheaper.
Thanks. I'll ring them to find out about the course and also the book, and possibly post on here to find someone with a book they hopefully do not need. Cheers!

·
Keyboard Worrier
4,155 Posts
Full day in pool? Nothing else? need the PADI Open Water book , about £20 of Ebay or £26 from somewhere like Divemaster Scuba.
Funny you mention Carribbean, cos thats where you'll need to go to finish - if its just 'a day in the pool' you've bought the Open Water Referral Course - learn the pool basics here,
pay another big wedge on your next holiday to qualify in the sea.

Also, when we looked into putting courses on Groupon they were insisting that the book needed to be part of the deal - ie stop people getting a cheap deal and then having to pay a fortune for an essential - bit like a deal for parachuting for £12 insisting you then needed to pay £100 extra to hire chute!

how much did you pay btw?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts