YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Diver
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Nokia N95 phone with GPS and sat nav feature. I have downloaded the Maps file from the Nokia website and copied it to the memory card as per the instructions however every time I try to install it I get 'Update Error'. Seems a common occurence from what I can gather looking at the internet.

Anyone know how to make this work?

Cheers!

Dave
:)

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Mine works fine, I downloaded the Maps installer, selected the maps I wanted and then it downloaded them and loaded them onto the phone. I see you say you copied maps across, that sounds different to my process.

Ian

·
Registered
8,035 Posts
Bit of an aside guys but was interested in your view of the N95. I'm thinking of going for it for my upgrade in August. Cheers,

Si

·
Nefarious Activist
2,298 Posts
Bit of an aside guys but was interested in your view of the N95. I'm thinking of going for it for my upgrade in August. Cheers,

Si
So far I am very happy with the phone, the only thing I have had a problem with was the case that Carphonewarehouse sold me, utter rubbish as the phone kept falling out and getting scratched. I now have a decent case and a replacement front panel, just need to fit it. I think the GPS is a bit of a gimmick, very slow to get a position initially which would be a pain if you were relying on it.

The camera is very good and the sound quality is also good, the phone also sync's with my Mac which was a plus for me.

Ian

·
Diver
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think it is a great bit of kit (apart from not being able to get the maps to work).

I was looking for a new phone, a decent MP3 player, digital camera and a GPS and ended up with all in one bit of kit! :)

Ok so all these features are maybe not of the standard that I migh have got if I had bought these as proper individual devices but then I only spent £50 instead of £whatever....

I'm very happy with it. Now if I could only get these map things to work......:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Dave
:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts