YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Have to agree about useless/dodgy estate agents and solicitors,

trying to by at the moment and have been given a 5th august completion date by sellers but when we asked to see documents like the title,info about factors and shared burdens etc we are told sorry dont know its a reposetion but demanding we comit to the purchase?

They have slowed things down by using a surveyor our banks dont recognise so we need to get it re done at our cost.

We asked to have the sellers details-no can do due to confidentiality laws?

Stupid as the owners are in titles,when we finally get them from oublic records!

Now they wont give us the paperwork regarding internal renovations which are required before we can complete contract.

Do they actually want to sell this empty flat?very tempted to pull out

Fortunately i seem to have an excellent solicitor who is like a dog with a bone!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good luck with the move
Our sellers solicitors messed up everything from the beggining due to laziness and incompetance so i feel your pain

Long story short they have made us homeless for a week after the sale was delayed for the 5th week in a row (from the deadline they declared) our life is in boxes spread across the city in 3 different garages and dont mention my dive gear or aquarium! Oh and we are sleeping in a mates living room!

All the best and have fun decorating!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oh dear :( We have friends who have been in a very similar situation to that this year, if your relief is anything close to what theirs was when they finally moved out of the very small room that they'd been living in for several months, it'll almost be worth the wait!!
Oh dear indeed but we managed to complete today also! The hard work and week of couch surfing has paid off!
Although at the last minute the sellers solicitor managed to screw up some vital paper work which had to be corrected.

I dont believe they managed to get a single thing done correctly or promptly since the offer went in,
our solicitor on tne other hand deserves to be made a saint!

Could your sellers solicitor andours be related by any chance?

Congrats on finally getting there,many happy years to be had in your new pad

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.