YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
341 - 360 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #341 ·
ok....

these are estate agent pics, taken in winter, when the house went on the market.....
Mmmmmm. Nice bricks. Looks ideal, but how have you managed to fit all the stuff that was in them boxes in there? We've got gazillions of boxes left over, and we have a lot of stuff! I assume Charley had two boxes, one for underpants and one for beer.

Digs.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
No just the one of beer, and a bag full of left footed shoes as my ex seemed to have misplaced the right foot during her packing sessions

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
No just the one of beer, and a bag full of left footed shoes as my ex seemed to have misplaced the right foot during her packing sessions
Did you put your foot in it with her? Maybe before she judges you she wants to walk a mile in your shoes?

Digs.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Haven't actually contributed anything to this thread yet, but I have been keeping a very close eye on it over the last few months as we have also been buying a house. Luckely ours has been relatively easy and we haven't had any majoy problems, but I have picked up a load of very useful advice from here so a big Thank You to YD and digger for starting it!

Cheers

Tom

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Well, we have a letter from the solicitor confirming that everything's in place for completing on Tuesday, I have taken all of next week off work and we are now packing the rest of our lives into boxes.

I haven't actually properly moved before... I've moved when I've had a few bits of furniture, and a few belongings, but I've accumulated most of my stuff since I've been in the flat, so I've never had to move it en mass.

I'm not sure I ever want to have to do it again, and we haven't even finished packing yet :(

Still, never mind. There are only four more sleeps to go until we have our very pink house :D

·
Registered
381 Posts
Good luck with the move
Our sellers solicitors messed up everything from the beggining due to laziness and incompetance so i feel your pain

Long story short they have made us homeless for a week after the sale was delayed for the 5th week in a row (from the deadline they declared) our life is in boxes spread across the city in 3 different garages and dont mention my dive gear or aquarium! Oh and we are sleeping in a mates living room!

All the best and have fun decorating!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Good luck with the move
Our sellers solicitors messed up everything from the beggining due to laziness and incompetance so i feel your pain

Long story short they have made us homeless for a week after the sale was delayed for the 5th week in a row (from the deadline they declared) our life is in boxes spread across the city in 3 different garages and dont mention my dive gear or aquarium! Oh and we are sleeping in a mates living room!

All the best and have fun decorating!
Oh dear :( We have friends who have been in a very similar situation to that this year, if your relief is anything close to what theirs was when they finally moved out of the very small room that they'd been living in for several months, it'll almost be worth the wait!!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #352 · (Edited)
Well, it seems the Nationwide have continued to make lending someone vast sums of money look particularly difficult. We are completing today. In 2 hours, in fact. Theoretically.

The solicitor requested the money, and has got proof of it. Solicitor chases Nationwide when no money arrives, and they say they've not had any request.

So we now have a last minute panic where nobody can complete until Nationwide get this sorted. The sellers have already left - their stuff is in the van and on its way.

I wonder exactly what happens if they sort this with their usual amateurish attitude. So far our complaint is turning into two or three pages, but now this could start costing people money.

Digs.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Well, it seems the Nationwide have continued to make lending someone vast sums of money look particularly difficult. We are completing today. In 2 hours, in fact. Theoretically.

The solicitor requested the money, and has got proof of it. Solicitor chases Nationwide when no money arrives, and they say they've not had any request.

So we now have a last minute panic where nobody can complete until Nationwide get this sorted. The sellers have already left - their stuff is in the van and on its way.

I wonder exactly what happens if they sort this with their usual amateurish attitude. So far our complaint is turning into two or three pages, but now this could start costing people money.

Digs.
We ended up with a simultaneous exchange/completion because our buyer failed to get the deposit to his solicitor on the day we were supposed to exchange, and his bank had a limit on how much they would transfer in one go. Quite why he waited until the last minute to send it is anyones guess!!

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #356 ·
We ended up with a simultaneous exchange/completion because our buyer failed to get the deposit to his solicitor on the day we were supposed to exchange, and his bank had a limit on how much they would transfer in one go. Quite why he waited until the last minute to send it is anyones guess!!
Curious. I'm surprised the solicitor would ask for the money from the bank without a deposit, but there seems to be no rules about how this mess gets done.

Nationwide have apparently transferred the money at 10:58am. On the day of cocking completion. They couldn't make this more stressful if they tried. Now off to call solicitor to make sure money has arrived, or if the CHAPS transfer is going to sit in the system for a few hours...

Digs.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
Curious. I'm surprised the solicitor would ask for the money from the bank without a deposit, but there seems to be no rules about how this mess gets done.

Nationwide have apparently transferred the money at 10:58am. On the day of cocking completion. They couldn't make this more stressful if they tried. Now off to call solicitor to make sure money has arrived, or if the CHAPS transfer is going to sit in the system for a few hours...

Digs.
The solicitor was a 'friend' of the buyer. Given the difficulties that caused us, I'm not surprised by anything.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Well, I haven't been the calmest person this morning, but...

...I've just had a call from our solicitor to say that the monies have all been transferred. I will be going to collect the keys in a few minutes. I will take photographic proof when I have them in my hand!!

Halle-frickin-lujah! :D

Thank you all for your patience, words of wisdom, needless crap jokes and tales of woe and success :)

·
Registered
16,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #359 ·
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Sellers haven't left the keys with the estate agent yet. Estate agent says he hasn't had notification of the money being transferred from the solicitors. Have sent her down to estate agent to sit it out while various people do their job, slowly.

I continue to be astounded by how slow and ridiculously complicated this process can be. The more I see of it, the more disappointed I am that the general public and powers that be allow this farce to continue.

Digs.

·
PADI Internet Specialty Diver
10,679 Posts
I continue to be astounded by how slow and ridiculously complicated this process can be. The more I see of it, the more disappointed I am that the general public and powers that be allow this farce to continue.

Digs.
The public put up with it as they are sheep. The solicitors and estate agents love it as it is.

341 - 360 of 382 Posts