YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And at last, my first dive with my club this season - and after a respectable meet @ 8am, we were off via Weybourne to one of our mid-range sites. Today it was the turn of the lobbies on a wreck known as the Steam Engine to be on the receiving end of a visit. Due to a brain malfunction, I had forgotten that I emptied my twin 7s @ Easter on the Weymouth trip. So, as my 12's were in the car left over from NDAC & Stoney this week, I stuck my trembling bottom lip out and asked very nicely if they would mind taking a rather big & heavy set of 12's - and unbooted ones at that :eek:
The nice guys & gals that they are, they fell for it and hauled them up onto the Norfolk Hero and we were off.
It was well slack by the time we finally shotted the wreck and the first pair were in, followed by the second. Rolly & I waited for ten minutes, then began a slow kit up and when we had three back onboard and one on the line, we went in. If only I had remembered my V-weight, but with much exhaling and tugging, I was down. At 25m to the bottom, the ambient light was excellent and torches were not needed. The first wave had kicked a little sand up, but we reeled off to make sure we could get back to the shot. Well, Rolly did ;) .... Anyway, after a little mooch about including a trip to the cargo, which is the traction engine covered in anenomes it was time to leave and with Larry the Lobster joining us for the ascent (and for dinner too apparently).....
The current was running quite hard by the time we surfaced and we were soon hauled aboard. And goodie, it is my turn to drive - what do you mean the anchor has snagged, we freed it when we detached the line - no it had caught in TWO pot lines where the tide had turned. Clem volunteered to do a second dive and it was a good 20 minutes before he had our knitting untangled.....
Still my turn to drive - so off I headed and we were back in Weybourne for 1.30 - quick call to the Coastguard - change and off to wash the boat. However, I was in a bit of a rush (really, really needed to powder my nose) and I left my gloves and computerator on the roof of the car, and being a little midget didn't notice as I got in and drove off. Rolly found both gloves one mile away in the village, but no sign of the Vytec...we drove back again to look, but nothing :(
But then we skived off and bought a choc ice & left the others to wash the boat down :) which cheered us up.
And Larry the lobster is having a lie-down in the freezer before he has a nice bath and joins us for dinner. Aaahhhh club diving - it can be fab!

Dianne

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
If only I had remembered my V-weight........

but no sign of the Vytec...we drove back again to look, but nothing :(
Muppet :D that is going to look really good on the insurance claim form

madfish said:
And Larry the lobster is having a lie-down in the freezer before he has a nice bath and joins us for dinner. Aaahhhh club diving - it can be fab!

Dianne
Enjoy :)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Sounds like a good trip :)

Now, on another note...Secondhand Vytec for sale, slight cosmetic drop damage, unboxed and no instructions - any takers :teeth:

...on second thoughts, I'll come clean - I didn't find one! Bad luck on the Vytec loss :frown:...

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
and I left my gloves and computerator on the roof of the car, and being a little midget didn't notice as I got in and drove off. Rolly found both gloves one mile away in the village, but no sign of the Vytec...we drove back again to look, but nothing :(
That's God telling you to buy a VR3 ;) sounds a great adventure I'll have to have a pootle with them.

See you tomorrow.

Safe diving,
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.