North / South divide - Lets 'ave ya

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>AS we got a good mixture of divers from all over,

If i draw a line across my map from the Bristol channel to the Thames estuary.

Whos North of that line ?  eg, if your not from down saffff you tick a YES

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hang on mate that make me a norvun munkee  

Na....... you'll 'ave to re-draw the line from the Bristol channel  up to say Harpenden, to include Matt, then just south of Canterbury to just north of Deal.

A bit hard on Paul but thats life.

Its up to you wether this line goes north of Detling or South, l'll wait to see if Chasey becomes a northerner.  

·
Ginger, Irish, sometimes stroppy
5,997 Posts
Imported post

I'm north of the thames but south of the Wash, that can't posibly be Northern, can it?

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

As Howard is the Chairman elect I'm with him on the boundary, that and I am definitely no Northerner, not even an honoray one (even Steve W thinks I am).

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Anything North of the River Medway is North

I thought everyone knew that

Paul

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Shouldn't the poll be in Yorkshire or not?

Anyway I object to the term "soppy southern shandy drinker" - I DO NOT DRINK SHANDY !!!!!

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

AFAIAC anyone south of Nottingham is a card carrying "shandy merchant"
And that's only in deference to their history of mining and suchlike.
Line from Bristol to the Thames,
 yer aving a giraaafffe intcha

Matt, as you clearly fail to appreciate the honour bestowed upon you, I am henceforth officially revoking your status as a non-shandy drinker  

Chee-az
Stevil

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>Depends upon how you draw the line. with all them lemonade bubbles going up your nose it's very hard to make it a straight one.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Imported post

South oh so south 100m from the Solent  ...........  Anyway I thought the Watford Gap was the North South divide  

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

By Andy's reckoning I'm a Northerner - well bugger that, even tho I am living in Yorkshire!

Lets just move that line north by a few miles, say to Worcester, and that'll make me happy.

Being from the land of quality rugby and er, mass murderers and er (alleged) terrorists I am proud to be a Southener!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>I reckon Watford Gap for the North South divide.
I’m not voting till a line has been decided.

Perhaps we should vote for this.

One of you IT bods that’s not doing anything at the moment should draw up a list.

Check the map and give us some alternatives.

Do we have a representative for the northern monkey hanging ard boys?

Looks like Howard represents the South.

Bob

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Who you calling a monkey hanger!  That's only Hartlepool inbreds, the rest of us (Geordies, Maccums etc ) have no truck with that lot I can tell you!!

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Gentlemen-gentlemen. Please! I'm sure we can sort this out amicably and like adults! There's absolutely no need to bicker!

Here's what I suggest: anyone from south of Birmingham is a limp-wristed shandy-wallah and only fit for carrying Northerner's twin-sets - but only as long as they ask to do so nicely!!

There, good - job done. All happy now??  

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Imported post

I'm with Bren on this one. Originally from God's County I moved further north to reafirm my northernness. Unfortunately not noticing the border, I moved right out the top of the Country altogether. Anyway here in 'Up North' land the beers better and the licencing laws are much more drinker friendly. nnnot thhhhat I hhhave a ppproblem glug glug glug... ..or anything.

Dave C  

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy W @ April 21 2003,10:39)]Cheers for the info Steve
(wife's from Hartlepool)
Hey Andy see what that Steve W is calling your wife.

I wouldn't stand for that mate.
I think he needs sorting!!

This could get nasty.

Bob

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

THat's weird, a quote from a post which isn't there. Well in all honesty I used to date a girl from the posh end of Hartlepool (no I'm going to avoid the obvious joke, there is a posh bit,  "Hart village") so no doubt Andy's missus is also from the posh end
 Mind you if she's from "The Headland" ...

For those who haven't heard about Hartlepool's ahem... "claim to fame", read all about it here   Monkey business !

1 - 20 of 95 Posts