YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

I had chance of a wet down in North Wales as my Instructor was putting a couple through their Advanced.
Nice drive down to Dorothea and a pleasant day to boot. The viz was pretty poor after around 10mtrs as we did the usual route South out, North in, down to 33 mtrs, round the sheds and swimthrough . There was a definite change in temperature at the same 10mtr mark, dropped to 7deg and really noticeable on the way up, like slipping into a warm bath.
Round to Vivian for a feed and fill.
Viz hear was very poor, the worst I've seen it, the water looked beautiful from the surface, almost aquamarine when lit by the sun. Temp was at 13 though, nice, easy diving and I found something new. I'd never seen the veritable scrapyard of drums and car near the end by the entranct to the cove.
We managed a couple of 19mtr dives for our records (by dropping our computer carrying wrists right into the hole next to the Gnome Garden!) which just takes me to 25 dives.
I'd have prefered a sea dive, but unfortunately funds will not allow right now, but enjoyed the splosh anyway.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Imported post

Great report, glad to hear that you enjoyed it, and with the temp dropping to 7deg! brrrrr.... rather you than me! using a dry suit or semi???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Imported post

Drybag with 100gm Thinsulate but it was still a pleasure to get back up to 10m!
I don't think it was as dramatic as I would envisage a thermocline to be but, nigh on 6deg temperature change in a couple of metres was ample.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts