YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Gone...and probably best forgotten
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

anyone fancy a dive round here late summer?  I know a place that does bunkhouses at a fiver a night and there are a couple of lads operating on hardboats from Pwllhelli.

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

August 18th - 20th?

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Troops,

Be churlish not to. Count me in. Can we please do wrecks and not just reefs?! Unless you've got nayhting nailed down, I've got a raft of suggestions from the last time we dive Trearddur Bay.

Open to suggestions. Andy2Tanx, where did you have in mind?

Cheers,

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

so heres the deal.  18 - 20 August.  Staying at Tyn Rhos dive centre in bunkhouses @ 6.75 per night or camoing if you wish.  breakfast is available there.  Diving from a hardboat in the 10 - 25m range, 2 dives and on board meal is £30 per head.  i need to know now who is going then I can make the necessary calls.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

If I can get some new wheels sorted out by then,Id be tempted. Having been and dived there a lot I know Chris at Tyn Rhos very well, who's diveboat would you be using, Andy.  

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

have spoke to a couple of lads, but a chap called Jason Owen stood out.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Imported post

O.K. never heard of that one, my reason for asking was Tyn Rhos used to have a boat ( a dory) that took divers out.
It wasn't suited for divers and not recommended.
Do you know Andy is it a RIB, hardboat,? theres also a catamaran working out around there?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Andy - Jason Owen is the guy I was telling you about! He is the one offfering the £99 deal with 2 dives per day for 2 days plus 2 nights in accomodation in Pwellhi (or however the f**k it is spelt!). I'd go with him!!

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Imported post

lets do that then boyo !!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

What sort of diving are we to expect in those two days?
What sort of boat does this Jason own?
Has anyone dived this area before?
Can anyone give some small reports of what it was like and what we could expect?
Is it good viz (generally)?
Accomodation..... is it divers bunkhouses or somewhere I can take a wife and small child?
Will England ever win the world cup?
So many questions so little time......

·
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imported post

generally I believe the viz is quite good.  I would say you could quite safely take the missus, we'll behave.  The diving, there was a write up of Anglesey and hence N.Wales a few months ago in Diver so have a look at that, I understand there are several good shallow wrecks and hopefully some seals.  It'll be as good as we make it Dave, great then eh?

·
Premium Member
5,739 Posts
Imported post

Dave - in answer to your questions:

1. Scuba diving - muffs are out of season in August
2. A big shiny red one (just like Andy's firemans helmet!)
3. Yes
4. Will do once we've been
5. Comparatively
6. Its WALES for Christ;s sake - do you REALLY want to risk your loved ones?
7. Not in our lifetime (well, maybe in mine but you've got no hope you old tw*t)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Dave - in answer to your questions:

1. Scuba diving - muffs are out of season in August
Bloody better not be
2. A big shiny red one (just like Andy's firemans helmet!)
I thought we weren't going to mention Andy's helmet
3. Yes
Oooh good
4. Will do once we've been
Great news, erm.......
5. Comparatively
Comparative to what?
6. Its WALES for Christ;s sake - do you REALLY want to risk your loved ones?
It was you f*ckers I was more worried about
7. Not in our lifetime (well, maybe in mine but you've got no hope you old tw*t)
As soon as I get off this kamode your for it

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Guys,

Echo Kangers reply.

Is this gig on? If so where?, If where, what day, date & time? Given a time, where - if any where - is the RV point? Or are we just turning up ad-hoc?? Are we doing wrecks - if so, which ones so that we can do a little research and and dive planning? Or is it just reef, RIB and/or shore work??

Any and all info would be grately appreciated in advance. I've got a clear weekend, and would appreciate someone putting a stake in the ground and saying YES we're going; yes we're gonna meet at XYZ at ABC time to do dive 123 etc. Not that the weekend will be a total loss with out it, it's just that I'd finally like to get to meet and dive with you troops.

Let's have a clear heads-up so that all comers can make a clear decision on the known facts and hence travel plans to the dive site.

Hope to see ya'll on the day.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts