YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to let you all know, Northern Diver Customer Service is GREAT, ACE, BRILLIANT, THE BEST !!!!.

Emailed them yesterday with some pictures of the wrist seals on my Divemaster Drysuit. Cloth is coming away from the Neo and seam is starting to split.

Got an email from :star: :star: :star: MELANIE SIMM:star: :star: :star: asking me to send it back and the wrist seals will be replaced Free Of Charge.

Very Very Happy to find that Great Customer Service is still available from a UK company.

Would recommend Northern Diver to everybody, not only do they make great Drysuits (And Undersuits, Wetsuits, SMB, and a whole load of other gear) but they have the Customer Service to back it up.

Thanks again Melanie for your very quick reply.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Just to let you all know, Northern Diver Customer Service is GREAT, ACE, BRILLIANT, THE BEST !!!!.

Emailed them yesterday with some pictures of the wrist seals on my Divemaster Drysuit. Cloth is coming away from the Neo and seam is starting to split.

Got an email from :star: :star: :star: MELANIE SIMM:star: :star: :star: asking me to send it back and the wrist seals will be replaced Free Of Charge.

Very Very Happy to find that Great Customer Service is still available from a UK company.

Would recommend Northern Diver to everybody, not only do they make great Drysuits (And Undersuits, Wetsuits, SMB, and a whole load of other gear) but they have the Customer Service to back it up.

Thanks again Melanie for your very quick reply.
How long have you had the drysuit Mel?

Nice one about customer service, ND have always bin good to me.

Dan

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purchased the Drysuit Last March, so it was just out of warranty. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
may sound stupid but can you put the pics up?
i had a problem with my seals and was told i would have to pay for a pressure test then new seals and carriage back.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Id say the opposite from my view and others in the club sadly.

I own a Cortex suit and along with 5 others are not happy with the cut, the fit and reliability of them. Those that have had to send suits back have had to wait weeks for them to come back, often with the same problem they went with in the first place.

When i get back to the UK after the summer its time for a new suit and it definitely wont be ND.

·
Still wet behind the ears ;)
266 Posts
Similar thing happned with the cuffs on a club members divemaster also. ND payed for a courier to pick up the suit, replaced the cuffs and neck seal (nowt even wrong with it!) and returned it by courier in less than five days - tremendous service. I also own a divemaster and I'm thoroughly pleased with it. ND get the thumbs up from me everytime!

Irfon

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Exactly the same thing happened with the cuff seals on my divemaster suit. The neck seal has always leaked slightly the valves are glued making it very difficult to clean and service them. The heavy duty zip makes it very inflexible across the shoulders.

On the plus side it is a warm suit but I wouldn't have another ND suit is it were free.

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ND emailed me today just to let me know that they had recieved my suit and that they would have it repaired and back to me ASAP along we a free gift !. Now That's Good Service. I've got the Heavy Duty Zip on my suit and okay it's a bit in-flexable but it keeps me dry. Best service I've had from any company before.:teeth:

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More good service then, I'll stick with ND for my next suit in a few years time.

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Got my suit back today, with it's new wrist seals fitted, some spare material for doing repairs and a Northern Diver Backpack all F.O.C and super quick turn around. I posted my suit on Tuesday, they got it on Wednesday, fixed it and it's now back with me Friday. Excellent Service, I don't think any other company could beat ND for making sure their customers problems are fixed.

THANK YOU AGAIN MELANIE SIMM:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Good to hear...

It's always good to hear comments like this. I'm looking at buying a drysuit this year and had been considering ND. Will definitely look closer now knowing the excellent customer service.

Thanks for posting.

Andy :)

·
Buzz
617 Posts
I have not had any problems with my ND suit, so haven't had reason to really test their customer service. They did send the wrong hood size but when I pointed it out they sent out the correct one and a little something to apologise.

They were very helpful in customising my wife's suit to get a really good fit for a very reasonable price.

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
Here's the pictures i emailed ND yesterday. As you can see the cloth is coming away from the neoprene.
Roughly how old (and how many dives) ish are we talking about here?

I've had my ND divemaster for about a year and apart from the hole I tore in the back of it with the wingnut of my twinset it's been all good so far.

David

·
Founder of the S.F.T.D
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Have to say that they did do a super quick turn around without me asking for it ! Did not hassel them they just delivered the best customer service I've had ever !

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Always nice to see a company improving itself.

I had really shite service when my Divemaster was leaking. Suit went back to them several times, and then they reneged on a promise to replace it at cost.

Went to Seaskin - never looked back. Now THAT'S customer service.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts