YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

Gill,

I've dived Strangford Lough although it was a few years ago.  In the right conditions it can have cracking viz and there are some decent wrecks there too.

For some detailed info you might wanna give DV Diving a ring.  They operate out of Newtonards and are a good bunch who are always willing to help.

Have a good one,

Angus

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#FF00FF'>Angus,
I mailed them about a fortnight ago - no response. Left a message on their voice mail - no answer. Need to do a recce there at end of March, to set up our trip in August.....and I have a £100 bet riding with my brother - I MUST DIVE STRANGFORD BEFORE THE END OF THE YEAR!!

What wrecks did you do, and how were my childhood fishy friends?

Gill

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Imported post

Gill, it was many moons ago but if my memory serves me right (without dragging out an old log book) the 'Empire something' was one of them!!

Have you tried the NIFSAC (NI Federation of Sub Aqua Clubs) - I'm sure that they'll be able to help you out.

When I get into work tomorrow I'll send a couple of emails and see if I can get some info for you and will get back to you.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I dove there many moons ago, a great place. Empire Tana known localy as the Lees wreck easy shore dive about 30'.  MY Alisdair can be dived from the shore about a hundred yard swim ( have to watch the tides ) about 70'.  There is a great wreck in Belfast lough Chirripo can only be dived about one hour before slack. Yoy can get all the info at Irish wrecks on line. Hope this helps.
David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.