YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Right.

New divesite, first trip with my wannabe-diveboat. Me and Hans, since he's on "sick"-leave from work.  

Dive started off rather boring but on the ascent I came across quite a few nudies. So I shot them. Here are some of the pics I took. Towards the end there I've included some Hydroid since I'm quite pleased with the details.

Canon S50, built-in flash. Last pic no light at all. Tweaked a bit in Photoshop to bring out details and reduce exposure of background.

Waft, waft. I like slight currents since silt and such gets carried away rather quickly. Leaves more room for errors.

Dunno the latin name for this.

Comments are welcome,

Kyrre

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pierre Farrugia @ May 04 2004,17:12)]Your pics are great, what csmera, housing, strobe are you using?
<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks Pierre.

I use a Canon S50 (just upgraded from an S40 due to thieving Italians ;)) in a DC300 housing. I don't have a strobe or anything. The flash is the internal one.

The last picture was taken "free-hand" without any extra light. Once on the computer I gave it an "auto-level" and some "Unsharp mask".

The Nudies were played around with a bit in PS. Nowadays I particularly like using the Shadow/highlight option in PS8.

Kyrre

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

Kyrre
Up to your usual standard (Brilliant!), love the sea slug.... Dr stevil will be drooling..
jules:D

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Pierre Farrugia @ May 04 2004,17:25)]Thanks,

Makes your pics even more great, knowing that you are not using pfoessional eauipment and getting these results!

Regards

Pierre
<font color='#0000FF'>Now that's a compliment! Thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Up to your usual standard (Brilliant!), love the sea slug.... Dr stevil will be drooling..
jules:D
Thanx Jules. Hoodaføkk is Dr Stevil?

Kyrre

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Imported post

I think the hydroid is Tubularia larynx.
Lovely images!

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (John Gulliver @ May 04 2004,19:16)]I think the hydroid is Tubularia larynx.
Lovely images!
<font color='#0000FF'>Cheers mate. Tubularia larynx. Duly noted.

Cya

K

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Adrian Kelland @ May 04 2004,17:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Norseman @ May 04 2004,17:19)]Thanx Jules. Hoodaføkk is Dr Stevil?
SteveW
Dr Stevil is Steve W, well known lover of sea slugs, he posts links to sites such as www.seasluglovers.com and also has some hardcore magazines such as seaslug playmates monthly. He is a 'serious' 'marine biologist...'

He keeps promising to be my slug spotter but so far has failed to show me any. Perhap i should try diving with him???

·
The Artist formerly known as 'Kirky'
2,228 Posts
Imported post

Excellent pics - love the hydroid in focus with the diver out of focus - really makes the pic a great one !! Were you using a particular lens ??

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (kirky @ May 04 2004,20:24)]Excellent pics - love the hydroid in focus with the diver out of focus - really makes the pic a great one !! Were you using a particular lens ??
<font color='#0000FF'>Thanks  

No special lens, no. Actually that pic was taken on Auto I believe. Closeup setting gives less depth of field p'raps?

Kyrre

1 - 12 of 12 Posts