YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I wonder if he'll get smart arse remarks too.

Matt<a href="http://www.diverforum.co.uk/talkforums/diverforum/posts/13238.html" target="_blank">

from Dn</a>

·
Registered
224 Posts
Imported post

naaa dont think so

missed 40 mins of deco once without even a twitch (apart from my dive buddies) and he gets a bend well within the tables

just hope this is a one off and nothing more serious (pfo)
any how hope he is well soon

steve

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Well it just goes to show,  there ain't no constants in this sport.  Probably the biggest variable is the human body.

I guess the only thing we should all learn from these unfortunate experiences is that we can't 100% avoid all risks of DCI.  We can however do something about it pretty damn sharpish if we spot any symptoms.  

As Phill advised me,  a phonecall can be made to the duty doctors at the chambers and advise given over the phone.  

In the last couple of weeks I have heard of someone who had an incident,  they noticed pains and other symptoms.  They did not seek assistance immediately and even when they finally went to the hospital they were not diagnosed.  Almost a week after the incident they bumped into a fellow diver who has some practical knowledge of DCI, after a couple of tests he was told to phone DDRC.  One confirmed diagnose later, and a week spent in and out of the pot he is on the mend and the final sobering thought,  he was told even one day further delay and he could have ended up paralysed for life or worse.

So make the call if in doubt,  after all what have you got to lose

Daz

1 - 3 of 3 Posts