YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I have spent the last two weeks doubting my ability to correctly do up a fin strap after the major dent in my pride inflicted by Andrew at Crapen-Rain. There was I bouncing off the silt and duck diving from the surface in a vain attempt to make head way with the Inspiration and Andrew just finned off into the distance like a pro

THEN TODAY Andrew, Howard and I go out to play

I get a go on a unit with an ADV at Wraysbury (I know I know, I say I wont do a lot of things again but I often do)

WOW

Needless to say I didn’t have one last time and Andrew did.
Not only did I stay on the same level as my instructor but my bottom clenching, brain numbing fear of imminent ascent was reduced to a mild tension in the shoulders

If you ever dive a Inspiration  GET AN ADV it is NOT an optional extra its the difference between a car fitted with Goodyear F1 Z rated rubber and one without wheels.

Neeeeeeeeedles to say Dive 2 on the YBOD was a pleasure. Larger counter lungs put the buttons in a more accessible place, weighting was perfect, I got the hang of deflating the counter lungs through my nose and I did not have to use the crap Auto Air  

The chest is still cluttered and you have to be David Blain to get out of the bloody thing but apart from that I was impressed.

PS little tip. If you go on a CCR day be first on the box. Any one who has cleaned a unit after a dive will understand why  Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuk

PPS Howard’s hood is fan-bloody-tastic

ATB

Mark Chase

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Having missed Andy Hayhursts rebreather weekend because of a family holiday (crap one as well) l joined Mark and Andrew for the day on the inspiration.

After about 10mins in the water l thought this bouyancy lark is easy, that was a mistake, from that moment on my bouyancy was crap.

Very interesting day, still not convinced that its for me yet.

Mark, recently you've posted your profile after a dive, why not this time? if you post yours l'll post mine,  

And you've guessed it l was last on the unit, re-circulating Andrews and Marks nicotine soaked spit.

However being last on the unit meant l walked back across the car park, with the inspiration on my back,  looking well `ard and James Bond like cool, unfortunately there was only two or three other people there.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Firstly, if anyone is going up to Scapa, I want a hood, Howard mentioned there is one with a mohecan on it and I want one, if anyone is up there let me know and I will send money.

The Inspiration, hmm, for some reason I found it harder this time, it wasn't the fear of hitting the surface at any moment it was the bizzare feeling of not moving when I breathed in or out. A couple of times I stopped and tried to adjust myself with a little pause before breathing out. All quite normal stuff, do it all the time if I want to keep off the silt. As a result the water behind me resembled a smoke filled wind tunnel. Also, I was flying the suit, not the wing, the Auto-Air beat me again, I just hate those things, I haven't flown the suit for a very long time, spent the whole dive trying to work out just exactly where the pigging autodump should be set. Bit of air in, bit of air out, pantyhose, bloody hard work.

Also, never, ever again will I share a rebreather, ever, no chance, no way. Yuck, a multi retch moment for me.

Andrew

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
Imported post

Tip on how to get first dibs on the biccies between dives - empty the contents of your exhale counterlung onto the deck with the rest of the crowd watching.  Then regale them with stories about how you can tip your head back at the stops and get a nice cool refreshing drink of.....erm.... your own .....gloop.They lose their appetites fairly rapidly. Biccies result!

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (diving dude @ Nov. 06 2003,21:39)]However being last on the unit meant l walked back across the car park, with the inspiration on my back,  looking well `ard and James Bond like cool, unfortunately there was only two or three other people there.
In that hat??? Dream on M8

And before you ask yes the bottom of Warysbury does look like this  

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Nov. 07 2003,00:13)]And before you ask yes the bottom of Warysbury does look like this  
?? 11m, what did you do, dig a hole or something?  

Maybe that's why they say Inspirations should be sold with a shovel.

Tom
(yes, I know, I'll get my coat....)

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tom @ Nov. 07 2003,11:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mark Chase @ Nov. 07 2003,00:13)]And before you ask yes the bottom of Warysbury does look like this  
?? 11m, what did you do, dig a hole or something?  

Maybe that's why they say Inspirations should be sold with a shovel.

Tom
(yes, I know, I'll get my coat....)
The flat bit brfore the inverted spike down to 11m was the container, turn right and go up the gulley and you find a 6m dia concreet ring where they are digging a deep pit. It was on top of that.

I reckon if you droped into the ring you could get 13m

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However being last on the unit meant l walked back across the car park, with the inspiration on my back,  looking well `ard and James Bond like cool,
Oh wowwwwwwwwww they doing them in all black now , yeah i want one ,

Andy

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

OK l know this has been asked before, but how do you post a dive profile from sunto dive manager?

·
15,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

Dont ask me M8 I print it then scan it in  

Mark Chase

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I used to use a program called snagit to grab screen dumps or sections of the screen or even the current active window.

It was pretty straight forward to use and saved the file as a gif or bmp I think.

So if Suunto divemanager can display a profile like the one above on screen that should do the job.

HTH
Daz

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Imported post

OK, so Abucks beat me to it! - Must learn to type quicker!

The other option is to use either Ctrl or Alt + Print Screen (should be next to Scroll Lock), and then in any picture editor, edit, paste.  You can then crop the unwanted part of the window, save to a JPG/GIF (BMP will be too big to post) and Bob's your uncle (or aunt!). If it's still too big, then just resize it smaller until it's small enough to post.
HTH
Regards, and dive safe
Martin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts