YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Right here's a chance that doesn't often happen.

Thats right, I'm spending the week of the bank hols (next week) with the family in a place called Sandford in Dorset - between Poole and Swanage???.  Lucky me cause I'm going to be allowed out to play.  Double lucky me cause the coast here is reportedly bristling with wrecks and, as yet, I haven't done any real wreck diving (other than the Stanegarth etc which, as Mattbin rightly points out, doesn't really count - unless apprently you happen to be doing the PADI wreck specialty course on it).

So who's available on the BH Monday (26th), Weds (28th) and Fri (30th)?  I'd love to meet some of you real southern divers and we can all celebrate Glos winning the RFU double
and mourn the non-relegation of Bath!
And as for Bristol?............Well, who gives a monkeys.

If you can't make the days diving then it would still be good to meet up somewhere - provided I can get a pass out that is.  

Come on I know you're out there, who wants to dive?  I don't really want to be Billy no mates grovelling at the feet of the likes of Divers Down for a buddy.

Ian Price,  are you still out there and up for it?

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Hi Tim
I’ll be working the Halsewell site next week. Winds and sea conditions allowing.

If you get stuck you can always come and help me with some excavation work!!!  

Do your bit for English Heritage and archaeology.
Air lifting boulders clear of the site so we can get stuck into the digging bit.  

All close in shore work max depth 10m.
Failing that I expect we will bump into each other on the pier.
Look out for a white tranny with the YD logo on the bonnet.

Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Imported post

Hey Tim (Matt?),

You complete and utter dive-slut!

Good on yer mate, branching out and giving it the full bifters!

Dive safe mate.

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Ah the old Divers Down Rent-a-Buddy system, used it many times myself.

I daren't dive, I could be shot for even thinking about it, which I am

Andrew

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

Hey Bren, you know me  - when I get a pass-out I'll dive with anybody and everybody.  Not to insult anybody of course...

Bob, if nothing comes along for the Mon I might just take you up on your offer - it would certainly make for a different dive.

Andy, does this mean you're tempted then - what would it take???  Could you do a night dive?

Tim

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Tim.
l might stay and dive Monday, depends how knackered l am.

PM me with a contact number.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#333399'>Hey Robert

thought you were on the gig at the weekend?? ?? ?? ??
Bob

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Tim.

Because Matt couln't find a sacrificial virgin the weather gods are not pleased and therefore my days diving at lyme regis has been called off, which means that providing weather ok l will be staying monday 26th.
Possibilities so far.
1. The guy were suposed to be diving with on friday, (Blue turtle out of Lyme Regis), is going to check with the club who've booked the boat for monday he's fairly sure they only had eight people and therefore there might be spaces.
Breakwater diving center l know l've said the guys a dickhead, but ..any port in a storm  ho ho ho
3.Diveeclipse, Selsea l don't know where you're staying but is Selsea, West Sussex too far?

l'll ring you with the options.
My mobile no is 07796-267657

Hope to see you monday.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts