YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it has finally happened, after 2 years at the mighty digger manufacturer I finally got to drive not one but two this afternoon - and plenty of fun was had I can tell you. Firstly a Fastrac tractor (the fastest tractor you can buy) - as a sense of scale the wheels are approximately 6 foot diameter and it was a bit different to the Land Rover.

And the project I have been on for the last year, the JS200 tier 3 excavator. This thing weighs 20 tonnes and when used by a better operator than me can be really impressive. I now know what I want for Christmas.

Sorry about the image quality, they were taken on a mobile phone.

So what did you do at work today?

Noel. Still beaming.

G

·
looks like fun :)

I remember in the dim and distant past I did a one-day CITB training course in a JCB 3X (IIRC), damn good fun, my trench was far from straight at the end of the day :D

·
Beach-bum-Blonde Mafia ;o)
6,935 Posts
Wow, boys toys!

Now you really can say 'I can make the earth move for you' ;)

(Oh, and I had a normal day at work and went diving :D)

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
Looks good mate, now design one that can go faster than 20mph max in a national speed limit zone ;)

Safe diving,
Steve

·
Life is rushing past!
1,206 Posts
I'm Jealous, I've always wanted to have a go on one of those. The closest I got was a short go on a mini digger did fairly well.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
For normal mortals that want a play on diggers can I reccomend diggerland. A group of us did it fot my wife's last birthday, brilliant day out, we were worried we were going to look stupid and it would be just for kids, it's not.

We're going back sometime.

Danny

·
Creature of the night
14,183 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts