YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a superb video clip of Nuno Gomes 2008 world record diving on YouTube a couple of weeks back

According to Wikipedia Nuno's total dive time was 12 hours and 20 minutes, however the descent took only 14 minutes. Amazing achievement.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Just think what it would be like walking with the 2 sets of twins(no not twins its a set of 3 manifolded and a extra single) or whatever they are and all the other kit he will carry it is one hell of a achievement though. And a well deserved one even if guiness wr wont acknowledge it anymore.
Would of been safer with a pony :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Just think what it would be like walking with the 2 sets of twins(no not twins its a set of 3 manifolded and a extra single) or whatever they are and all the other kit he will carry it is one hell of a achievement though. And a well deserved one even if guiness wr wont acknowledge it anymore.
Shutdowns would be a right bummer!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, just a couple of things to point out :-

I watched a superb video clip of Nuno Gomes 2008 world record diving on YouTube a couple of weeks back

According to Wikipedia Nuno's total dive time was 12 hours and 20 minutes, however the descent took only 14 minutes. Amazing achievement.
I'm pretty confident that it wasn't a record dive in 2008 ( Pascal Bernabe - 330 m in 2005)

I think these guys use carbon cylinders which makes them alot lighter

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pascal Bernabe Not Official World Record Holder

Pascal Bernabe claimed a dive of 330m although this was never approved by Guinness World Records, due to lack of verifiable evidence. The official world record is held by Nuno Gomes at 318.25metres. According to scubarecords.com, Guinness apparently no longer publishes Deepest Scuba Records.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts