YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hello all, Just joined the board and must say I like what I see. lots of good info and little attitude!
I will be in London for the first 3 weeks of October. I may have some free time to dive during that time. Can anyone help me find out what might be avaliable? Are there any clubs or shops that I might be able to dive with? I am looking for some friendly folks who might be able to show me around the UK dive scene. I cannot drive on "the wrong side of the road", so public transportation is a must. In exchange all I can offer is tickets to a new west end musical, plus a back stage tour. Hauling my kit to the UK will be a pain but I hope to make it worthwhile. Many Thanks!

·
That's Dude with an E
12,959 Posts
Imported post

Hi Slim.

Firstly welcome to the board.

Paul Oliver (Diving officer of Canterbury BSAC) posted a reply in your introduction thread about diving about diving with him from Dover.

If we can arrange a day with Paul l'll be happy to pick you up in London and take you to Dover and buddy with you, the only condition is that you haul my twinset and myself out of the water, l'm not very good at getting back into RIB's (inflatable boat)

added
If you don't bring your kit l've got spare including a spare drysuit size 5ft 8" slim build. (my sons) or my daughters pink one.

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Slim

Borrow the pink one then you will match Howards

And spend some time in the gym if your going to haul him into the rhib

If you are out with us i can provide tanks and lead.

Look forward to meeting up.

Dive Safe

Paul

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

Please see my reply to the other thread. It should give you a good idea of who I am. As to hauling tanks, no problem. I am always looking for a manual labor job...As to my "name" I should say that Iceberg is a nick-name..and "slim" is hardly true. My drysuit is a custom DUI clx450 in xxLarge. Yep, I am a huge American! Gotta love the food here...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts