YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I am going to add an O2 analyser to my xmas list.

Any recommendations as to which one to get or where a bargain is to be had at the moment.

Oh, I nearly forgot - the same questions for a decanting whip.

Tks in advance for your answers.

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I'll show you mine if you show me yours  

Let me know what you decide on the decanting whip, price etc..  I might be interested in one rated to 300 bar.

As for the analysers.

Analox O2EII.  I got mine for about £155 new.  So hunt around.  Actually I got mine through a bulk purchase deal (10 of us I think).  I think they do discounts for BSAC instructors, so try to find a friendly one who will help out.

Daz

Analox related link

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 08 2003,20:31)]I'll show you mine if you show me yours  

Let me know what you decide on the decanting whip, price etc..  I might be interested in one rated to 300 bar.
Daz,

Tks for the info.

I only need a decanting whip to syphon off from a single cylinder into my twins for the 2nd/drift dive - I can not be bothered unbolting the twins and putting a cam band on anymore. I will try to remember to let you know what I find out.

Of course, if I complete my trimix I may share a Helium J with a friendly local YBOD'er - I have not told him yet!

Rgds
Bryan

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

I was thinking of a decanting whip for filling a pony from my twins or similar.

Found one on Sub Aqua products website £270 odd quid !!!

Think I can do without.

Daz

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Bryan

I bought a decanting whip from the company I get my O2 from, it was SOS pressure products they were based in Urmston, Manchester but now they are in Flint.

Think it cost me about £90 certainly less than £100.  If you are interested I'll dig out their phone number.

Fiona

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 10 2003,16:24)]I was thinking of a decanting whip for filling a pony from my twins or similar.

Think I can do without.

Daz
Ouch & me to.

Was that a 300 bar special?

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Dec. 10 2003,16:27)]Bryan

I bought a decanting whip from the company I get my O2 from, it was SOS pressure products they were based in Urmston, Manchester but now they are in Flint.

Think it cost me about £90 certainly less than £100.  If you are interested I'll dig out their phone number.

Fiona
Fiona,

Yes please - dig away.

Rgds
Bryan

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finless @ Dec. 10 2003,16:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 10 2003,16:24)]I was thinking of a decanting whip for filling a pony from my twins or similar.

Think I can do without.

Daz
Ouch & me to.

Was that a 300 bar special?
Can't remember,  I kind of lost interest when I saw the price.

Fiona, would appreciate the number,  I will settle for 232 bar rating for that price.

Daz

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

Daz

If you are decanting from twinset to pony and want the same mix, just get old 1st stage and filling clamp (purge issues obviously) and join with a hose. Add a gauge if you want from 1st stage.

IIRC the O2 filling whip includes non-return valve, needle valve, bull nose or whatever, hose and large O2 gauge for easy reading. We got one, but $300 between 40 is not so bad.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (daz @ Dec. 10 2003,16:30)]Can't remember,  I kind of lost interest when I saw the price.

Fiona, would appreciate the number,  I will settle for 232 bar rating for that price.

Daz
Daz,

I just searched on Google for a "decanting whip" (I left the search option on Worldwide) and a place in Aberdeen has them for abt £95. Had I been thinking correctly I would have posted a link.

Let me know if any problems finding it - there were loads of reponses. I didn't go beyond the first page but I suspect a lot of the later responses will be on whips and nothing to do with decanting.  

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

I have used the Analox, Vandagraph and Suunto O2 analysers.

Personally i didn't rate the Suunto, It never agrees with any other analyser and just feels cheap.

I used a Vandagraph for a long time and they are very good, reliable instruments.

I currently use an Analox and it is great, simple to use, has a readout freeze button, waterproof and robust.

As an instructor I can get the Analox O2EII cheaper than retail for students and I'm considering becomming a distributor so if there is some demand on here I will follow this up. Email me if you are interested.

[email protected]

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Mark - mine is a surprise Xmas present for me. I am trying to find out if there are any good deals about. If not, I would have waited until the dive show.

If you would PM/post the price you can sell them for I will pass the info to my benfactor.

Rgds
Bryan

·
Registered
12,795 Posts
Imported post

That's not quite the same as the £270 one, as it has no needle valve and non-return valve. Perhaps not the tool for decanting from 100% O2.

Also make sure you get DIN rather than bull nose, obvious I know.

Adrian

·
Concreting the world!
767 Posts
Imported post

Try Beaver for a decanting hose, they cost about £50.  I use mine to top up the twinset from a 15L for 2nd dives.  As for an O2 analyser I've got an Oxyspy and I can't say I'm overly impressed with it, you can get better for less money.

Cheers

Simon

·
Banned
71 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Can't help with the whip but i'm reading with interest. I bought an Analox, no complaints whatsoever. I've used other o2 analysers and they're not a patch on the analox

·
Registered
13,519 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi Guys

Just phoned Dave at Pressure Products who made me mine and he is going to get someone to phone me back with some prices.  

Just to recap:

Hose fitted with DIN both ends ?  or DIN to Bull nose ?
Guage
Bleed vlave

Fiona

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (FionaB @ Dec. 11 2003,10:45)]Hi Guys

Just phoned Dave at Pressure Products who made me mine and he is going to get someone to phone me back with some prices.  

Just to recap:

Hose fitted with DIN both ends ?  or DIN to Bull nose ?
Guage
Bleed vlave

Fiona
Din to din but with an A clamp adjuster (just in case I can syphon from someone else)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts