YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dunno really........ thinking about it
1,585 Posts
I would think so - an O2 compatible o ring is just that.
The BIG exception being anything made of titanium.
You could clean these Ok but using them in a high O2 environment would be entertaining to say the least :)

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
Can you have any reg O2 cleaned?
*No, not all manufacturers make O2 compatible parts for all their regs, and as has been said, titanium regs are out.

But most regs can be put into O2 service.

As for your particular reg - I don't know anything about it, sorry.

Also some people will use regs compatable for 40% i.e. not put into O2 service, on 50% deco bottles. It's your call if you wish to do this.

(* I am assuming you are talking about your regs being made O2 compatible. To be pedantic, any reg can be O2 cleaned, but that doesn't mean it is O2 compatible. I am also talking about the 1st & 2nd stage in this post)

·
Apprentice houseplant
988 Posts
I'm of the understanding that despite much to-ing and fro-ing that Scubapro don't make O2-cleaning kits for the MK2 for anything >40%.

I use my MK2 on a 50% nitrox stage, and it's not exploded on me this far. It doesn't get used on non-triple filtered air and gets serviced and cleaned every year, so I'm not too worried, to be honest.

That doesn't mean I'm recommending the above as a course of action for you - it's up to you to make a call on that...

·
WHOO HOO...look free mask and smorkel thingy.....
1,647 Posts
*No, not all manufacturers make O2 compatible parts for all their regs, and as has been said, titanium regs are out.

But most regs can be put into O2 service.

As for your particular reg - I don't know anything about it, sorry.

Also some people will use regs compatable for 40% i.e. not put into O2 service, on 50% deco bottles. It's your call if you wish to do this.

(* I am assuming you are talking about your regs being made O2 compatible. To be pedantic, any reg can be O2 cleaned, but that doesn't mean it is O2 compatible. I am also talking about the 1st & 2nd stage in this post)

ard you wouldent condone this sort of thing would you....;) :secret:

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
ard you wouldent condone this sort of thing would you....;) :secret:
Never - totally by the book me :angel:
But I did know someone who used standard regs like that :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.