YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

I'm looking for a source of Biox or other suitable solution for oxygen cleaning cylinders, anyone know of cheap supplier? I'm also currently borrowing an ultra sonic bath but would like to get my own, they all seem to be around the £300-400 quid mark. Anyone know of any cheaper? Thanks

·
Registered
377 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#728FCE'>Contact Andy Hayhurst at Dalesdivers as he uses dishwasher detergent to O2 clean cylinders. His number is 07702819381

Chris

·
Registered
616 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>yes i use washing up liquid "fairy" inside the cylinder but the valve i use biox,costs about £5 for for a couple of ltrs but it lasts a while.
if your stuck for biox give me a pm.
cheers
barrie

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

You can use stuff called DOT-113 as well. Don't know where you get it from though. Probably an industrial cleaner supplier.

Peter

·
ex diving instructor
524 Posts
Imported post

Biox is imported into uk by solent divers, which is what you need for the ultrasonic bath, or can-a-clean, but its v-expensive.....

If anyone is USA bound the best tank cleaner is Kitchen Green,
better than the equivilant stuff we can get here.....

Or Tryclorethylene, (spelling probably wrong), but you cant dispose of this stuff legally, so its hard to get hold off....

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>I think you may be thinking of Tetrachlorethylene which is a most effective degreaser. Did know of someone who used it until I pointed out it's a class 2A carcinogen.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Inhalation:
         Inhalation of vapor may cause respiratory tract irritation. May
         cause central nervous system effects including vertigo, anxiety,
         depression, muscle incoordination, and emotional instability.

Great eh? See HERE Trichloro is bad too, not as bad though (See HERE)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cleaning Information

Hi I'm new to this forum, but I thought I would put up some details up to clear up what seems to be mixed information. :)

1) Biox products are manufactured in the UK and Biox Ltd is a UK company.

2) Biox 02 Liquid is approved by Llyods register and Mara Engineering for cleaning oxygen pipeworks and components, Biox 02 also is used by the MoD for oxygen cleaning as well as the Firebrigade and some Police services. Which tells you of the cleaning credentials of these products.

3) Tetrachlorethylene is a dangerous cleaning product which is being phased out, and can-a-clean is 'non friendly' as a degreaser. :eek: Biodeg does the same job but is non toxic and non hazardeous & without fumes

4) Biox products are reusable untill exhausted.

5) Its your rig and lungs! you decide what is better, washing up liquid or a Military approved product. I know which I would rather dive with.

6) Cleaning info and distributors can be found at www.Bioxint.com . Sorry for the plug but it is important to get correct info on this subject.

Thxs Paul

·
Small, yet perfectly formed...
3,299 Posts
I dont think anybody minds links to useful info...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts