YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

O2/ highO2% Regulators

877 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Andy Phillips 
#1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#F52887'>I am looking for a COLDWATER rated regulator for use with a deco cylinder, so it must be either O2 or High O2% Nitrox compatible. A consideration along with VERY GOOD reliability is the servicing costs. can anyone help with this and give their opinions of their favourite regs.

#2 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Hi

My favourite reg for that would be an Apeks TX40 DS4 100% O2 rated reg. £150 from SDS. Comes with a 36" hose. Use it on my stage bottle. Youre not going to be using it at depth if its high o2 so you don't need to spend a fortune.

With it being Apeks you can generally rely on them, and servicing can be done yourself if you know how. The service kits seem readily available on the internet.

HTH

WL

#3 ·
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>I agree with WL on this one Apex are damed fine regs and easy / cheep to service. I have two TX50's and a TX40 and I would say go for the TX50 as it is a slightly better breath than the 40. However my TX 40 is a Octo/ back up reg so they might set the cracking presure a bit higher on the service to avoid free flows.

My 02 cleen TX 50 is set to - during the dive and this totaly prevents free flows sue to slight knocks or jumping in. I just flip it over to + for deco.

Bet of all they are old hat so they are dirt cheep

I am sure that my M8 Andrew will post (when he gets back from Wales) to tell you that Posiden Extreems are better and he may be right because he used to dive Apex TX100's so he has got a good comparason. but be warned I am told the Jetstreems ans Extreems are an aquired taste due to their genorous giving of air at shalow depths.

ATB

Mark Chase

#6 ·
Imported post

Hi,

Actually, just to suprise Mark, I am not going to push the X-Stream for a high% O2 deco. I did it because it adds to my redundancy, but for the price if you are adding one reg it is serious overkill.

Though they are still better than any other reg I have ever breathed off.

Andrew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.