YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Normally the UK operators take a hammering over the expensive costs they charge for us to take our phones abroad.

O2 seem to have been listening.

My Europe is a free service (35p per minute incoming & outgoing calls) you just need to register.

The next time you travel to Europe you'll find we've lowered our rates

My Europe Extra

My Europe Extra - Pay Monthly abroad - Travelling abroad - International - O2

For a tenner a month I can receive & make up to 1000 minutes of calls free whilst away and all my outgoing calls will be charged at 25 pence a minute.

The one gotcha is that as with all O2 tariff changes it takes effect at your next billing date, so organise well in advance (you can put it on as a one month only charge or as a rolling subscription)

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
Getting there (like british rail )!

Nice but still more expensive than my O2 contract :frown:
300 minutes sent or recieved calls anywhere in europe at anytime for £50 per month :teeth:
plus I never get charged for texts (only 4/5 a month anyway)

The 1 good thing with yours is that you can put it on for 1 month only

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh the txts for Europe can come off your normal txt bundles, So I have 800 bundled txts per month in the UK however every one I send in Europe will take up 4 of my 800 effectively giving me 200 European txts.

I didn't know they had an bundled minute call packages for Europe, when I called they didn't say anything about that to me... mmh. might have to call them back.

·
Driving my truck with my high-heels on...
5,509 Posts
They haven't

Not anymore .It's a very old tafiff called "one rate " just after I got it was stopped because of me :redface: I screwed themm through the floor due to their wording on the contract they lost out :teeth: .They tried saying that it was only the UK part of the call that was free but the wording stated "any call in europe ,pay nothing " they were screwed ! I told a lot of people who already had the contract & hadn't picked up on the wording & they claimed it all back .

·
Dedicated Lurker
934 Posts
Hi guys,

I've just had a look at the o2 site and its seems that you can txt in your request for the my europe extra and it takes effect 48 hours afterwards, so it's a bit quicker than you though.

Cheers

Lyv

With My Europe Extra, you can use your phone just like you normally do. It’s easy to sign up, just text “Extra Month” to 21300 to sign up for a month** or text “Extra” to 21300 to sign up for the recurring option**

The included countries are: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Faeroe Islands, France, Germany, Greece, Guernsey, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Isle of Man, Jersey, Liechtenstein, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.

*This is subject to a maximum of 1000 minutes per month for calls made and received. If you go beyond this your standard roaming charges will apply – visit Pay & Go Prices

**You will be able to make and receive calls at the discounted rates within a maximum of 48 hours after O2 receives the opt-in request.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts