YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Myself and Gav were discussing the possibility of a trip up to Oban at the end of October (either 19th/20th or 26/27th Oct Weekend). Weather permitting. Staying up there for the weekend and chartering a RIB. Possibly popping over to Mull for one of the days.

Anyone up for it. Any Suggestions?
?

·
Resident Princess & 'Ned Redresser'
194 Posts
Imported post

The weekend of 26th October sounds OK.  I should say that Gav will be at a wedding in Inverness the weekend of 19th/20th.  Clearly he forgot!

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

So far Oban is my favourite place on Gods green earth, but I'll be diving the Red Sea that week so I'll have to miss out I'm afraid... altho not a bad alternative to Oban eh ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Imported post

If i'm in the country, count me in...although I still hold out hopes for a cheap last minute deal to the Red Sea that week :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Hey Paul

I could pass the details of our travel agent etc, you never know you might just get a last minute cut price spot on a holiday I've paid a fortune for....

Imagine having me as your buddy aaaaaaaall week  :biggrin:

what do you mean foxtrot oscar??

·
Snap Happy
2,802 Posts
Imported post

Guys I'd love to come up to Oban but you know how it is (he says sulking!).

I was planning to be up there that week with another group doing the Sound of Mull from Lochaline but I've had to pull out.

Now November, something maybe possible then if the weather holds out.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

I'm up there the weekend of the 12/13 diving in the Sound. Might be possible to go back for the end of November but might take some serious persuasion with Mrs. Drift.

UPDATE! - Am off for the 19/20th and may be able to make a day away somewhere (can't do a weekend as Mrs. Drift's folks are visiting) so a local? Abbs to make Willo jealous? Or a re-run (hopefully without the weirdness!) of Cappy Brenster?

(Edited by Driftwood at 8:51 pm on Oct. 1, 2002)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Imported post

Paul

The place is Nuwieba relatively undived and advertised as diving the Red Sea as it was 20 years ago (take from that what you will, it'll all be awesome for me)

Heres the hotel we're staying at and the dive shop I'm diving with..

>>>Daveys Holiday<<<

If you're interested I'll get you all of the details, who knows there might be places left that they are now keen to sell off as we get closer to the departure date which is October 23rd I believe, I'll need to confirm that with the missus though as she's arranged it all.

Gimme a call if you're up for it mate

Dave.

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

I have to concur with Fi and say that 26/27th is most likely for me.

It's also the weekend before my birthday !!!!

I'll keep an eye on the likely weather and keep everyone updated. As usual if folk need a crash at me and Fi's on the way up then they're more than welcome.

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Imported post

Lets Pencil in the 26th Weekend. Weather Dependent.

Gav is RIB hire etc, easy to sort out?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

Accomodation and Rib/hardboat is easy - we just need numbers.

·
C-in-C the Amphibious Contingent
1,421 Posts
Imported post

I've stayed at Alchemy Andy's just outside Oban, 6 berth residential caravan (self catering) and every diving need catered for - even a hose to wash kit down before taking it home!  http://www.alchemydiving.com if you want.  I like the sound of the 26th, I don't think I've anything planned.  Are Frogs allowed to go?  :froggy:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Imported post

:sad:
Ben lad!! I'll be thinking of you all on 26th from across the big pond. Are you lining up anything for 19/20th Oct???
If you're up for anything that weekend then count me in !!
Cheers
John

·
Resident Sprog Plod
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

Probably!! Suppose its weather dependent for sea stuff but something for sure.  Did you get your dry suit sorted??

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

When I said numbers  -  there is no critical mass as such.

If there are four of us then we'll take one route for accomodation and rib/hardboat. If we get nearer 10 then we can do sommat else. Only one thing is for sure and that's Gavster doesn't do camping !

I'll keep checking the weather and if people can get in touch an express their interest for the w/e 26 Oct then I'd appreciate that. So far, Gavster, Fi, Tony, Ben, Frog that's a good start - hope I haven't missed anybody.

If we want to get a hardboat for the w/e then I'll need dough in advance ...

Praying for good weather  - gav

1 - 20 of 59 Posts