• Matchstick

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>After reading the news item: Obesity in US I thought it would be interesting to compare on how us divers compare.
OK, I can see a few of you saying. We are divers - there is no obesity. Well, I've seen a fair share of Orkas on our dive boat  

Interestingly the Americans rejecting this, no proven scientic research - same excuse as Kyoto?

·
wibble
11,450 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>im short fat n ugly.

when i bought my drysuit the shop had to phone greenpeace incase they got me back into the boat and were over-run by hippies trying to throw me back in.  
My arse has its own postcode and affects the tides and orbits of small moons.
Some people say they are big boned, well my arse bone is HUGE.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

If obesity is ascribed using the BMI formulathen apparently I'm merely overweight.
However, this method doesn't take into account what your weight is made of, you could be built like the proverbial outhouse made of solid muscle and still described as overweight (not that that applies to me though
)

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>As to the BMI I'm 26.9. Being Post Christmas it doesn't help.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>according to the BMI i'm on the border. I think i've a little girth but not much.

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

Just manged to stay in the healthy range (20-25), middle aged spread needs to be kept in check me thinks.

Matt

·
Registered
381 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Fully paid up memeber of the Prop Forwards Union ..... But, it is coming down again, so thank you Dr Atkins !

·
Duvet Diver
1,862 Posts
Imported post

My BMI is currently over 30! however when I was skinny and the doctor told me not to loose any more weight it was still 26.5!
I am seriously big boned (ex Prop, ex Ice Hockey player) and carry a lot of muscle along with the fat. I'm 6 foot 1 tall, I weigh 18.5 stone and I still can't float in a swimming pool! I stop swimming and I end up on the botom!

Simon A

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Sorry I can`t vote.... there is no button with Adonis like on it.

·
TDI Instructor Trainer
2,949 Posts
Imported post

19.5 so I'm OK.

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Imported post

Fat gut but skinny everywhere else = OK in my eyes.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Imported post

BMI 28.1, so definitely overweight.
And Porg - don't be so hard on yourself - it's what's on the inside that counts (or if I was in a cheeky mood, to be inside you  
)
Am currently dieting (not that seriously) to try and get back down to 13 stone (from 14 at present).
Martin

·
Jonah
7,366 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (MartinS @ Jan. 22 2004,11:22)]it's what's on the inside that counts
unless it's lots of pies  

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>This will be my formula for year.

Sex
+
Diving
+
More Diving
+
More Sex
-
Junk food
+
Green Beans
=
Loosing weight & Getting fitter (hopefuly)

·
All hail the mighty ZOM
26,851 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000080'>Hmmmmmmmm.

BMI 30+ but for all who have met me, that's not a surprise.  Still, as an ex-prop forward and hammer thrower I can't complain.

Mind you, my drysuits too f'in tight- and Dr Atkins is too expensive and makes you sweat chip fat.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts