YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

Ode to Kawalski

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Ben Harris 
#1 ·
Imported post

Dudes,

I was clearing some stuff from the floor in my home office and came across the Kawalski 620 torch I bought at the Brum Dive Show las October - like a tw*t I'd completely forgotten I had it.

Any way, I've just got her out of the box to charge her for the gig at the weekend and I turned her on. Whoosh!! She came on straight a way - I'm not saying she's bright, but I'm taking in-coming ship-to-shore signals from passing freighters!!

Charges in 80 minutes flat!! Happy days; my UK D-4 takes hours, literally. Yes, the Brenster is a moderately happy chappy at time of going to press.

See less See more
#4 ·
Imported post

I wonder If he could see his way clear to forgetting that he bought me tickets to go to the Galapagos Islands. I must admit I never thought i'd meet a rich Yorkshireman, but I think I just have. There is a phrase from a film that springs to mind-"You lucky, lucky bastard. They only hung me the right way up yesterday".
Forgot he'd bought a torch. Hmmphh indeed.
Peter

#6 ·
Imported post

God you're right Bren. My most humble apologies, but even more unbelievable is a rich Mancunian. I think I've figured out where you get you're money from though; Hanging with your homies in Mosside, smokin' some punk ass mother-fu**er with an Uzi over a crack deal went bad. Word up. Peace Brother.

Peter  

#7 ·
Imported post

That'd be about right Pete, but keep it dark mate, eh? I don't want me bitches finding out! I've got me 'ghetto-cred' to think of ;)

Later dude.

#8 ·
Imported post

Just atip Bren throw it swtched on in a bucket of water and let it run down then charge it up again ....repeat 3 to 4 times. That way you get a longer burnig time first time you use it on a dive as Nicads will reach the full capacity after a few charges when new.And dont foget where you put the bucket.:))
Regards
Michael

#9 ·
Imported post

Hi Peter, I have been in Yorkshire its a very big county and strangely enough I covert a little of it, if you look at the land between Northallerton and Selby going to the East coast any Highland Laird would think he was in paradise. I consider myself well travelled and though I have been in other parts of Wales this is better. Rather than rebuilding Adrians garden fence and charging a toll how about we invade York this Summer.  If things haven't changed to much there should be plenty of pork and real ale. I am also told there are even some good dive shops near by.  The natives speak a little strangely (they don't talk tidy) but are very friendly and easy to get along with, I once thought I met a bad one, but I was in error as I am told all the bad ones are immigrants from Lancashire.  

#12 ·
Imported post

Yeah, I wondered that myself. We've got Bren the street drug dealer and Davey spending nights in the big hoose. I am beginning to think YD is full of Gypsies, thieves, rogues and vagabonds. Personally I'm ahead in the line of Mother Theresa for a Sainthood.

Peter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.