YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Finless: You couldn't invent him...
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Oops ...... carried away on eBay and bought myself one of those little plastic dive scooters ...... good for 25 mtrs. :frown:

I was sure I'd get outbid!

Oh well, the plan is to do some shore diving ....... I just hope it can tow a diver!

SEA SCOOTER / SCUBA DIVING
250 Watts - With a lot of Accessories
BRAND NEW

NO RESERVE PRICE
P & P = GBP 9,90 (please compare)

Excellent for Diving and having fun at the Beach
This Sea scooter is ideal for diving, snorkeling and swimming. One of the major benefits of riding around on a sea scooter is you're not doing any work, your air can last up to 50 percent longer, effectively doubling your dive time.

Perfect for taking on holidays
  • Ergonomically designed with finger trigger acceleration
    This sea scooter is a master crafted piece of diving equipment, with a high specification and low price. They make excellent gifts and are perfect for taking on holiday. This sea scooter is ideal for diving, snorkelling and swimming and with our current pre-season special offer there has never been a better time to buy.
    Please note this is a powerful model at 250w, (watts (w) refers to the power of the motor) - it will easily pull you along at fast swimming speed. The Scooter is also supplied with the larger 12Ah battery (amp-hour (Ah), refers to the capacity of the battery).​
Technische Daten:
  • Ready-to-Run
  • Speed: up to 4.5 mph
  • Deepth rating: max. 82 ft
  • Antriebskraft: 8 kg
  • Running time: up to 1 hour
  • Charging time: ony 3 up to 4 hours
  • Weight : 26.5 lb
  • Can be used in salted water and normal water
  • Every button is a magnetic one
  • Motor power: 250 Watts , new model for 2007
  • Accumulator: 5 Ah, 24 Volts
  • Propeller safety cage
  • Gearless operation (quiet, efficient & reliable)
  • Efficient 3 blade propeller
And that’s included in your package:
  • Sea Scooter
  • Heavy duty, water proof carry holdall
  • Re-chargeable battery
  • Charger
  • Air pump
  • Extra lubricant
  • Spare silicone rings
  • Plain English instruction manual

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
o mate what ya gunna do if anybody needs a pull behind ya !!

and as a matter of intrest finless are u trying to offload this beutty ?

or are u marveling at its splendour !!! :teeth:

·
Registered
10,736 Posts
Perfect for taking on holiday ...... if you have a camel to carry your gear and get extra weight allowance.

Get someone to take photos of you using it!!!!!

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I was going to ask why...

saw you cumming said:
your air can last up to 50 percent longer, effectively doubling your dive time.

but then I notice you get an...

• Air pump
...so that explains it, pump air while you dive!

and
  • Extra lubricant
Is that for easier insertion of alien body cavity probes? :teeth:

·
Irish Cave Diver in the making
3,241 Posts
It will still be fun. Take it out and enjoy the ride.

·
Flaccid Member
5,410 Posts
Finless, I take it, the scooters one of those Seadoo Chinese copies?
I would like to hear if works okay as I have been tempted by them myself :embarassed:

·
Registered
759 Posts
i think he will with the extra lubricant lol!!:teeth:
:teeth:

someone who I go diving with brought one, used it once! lol.
Not too bad, just faster than finning pace.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's it! Take the pith out of the elderly and mentally infirm ........ possibly.

The theory is that I can do dome local shore diving on the rock ledges and not waste too much time getting out to them ........... but if it is that slow ............ My big concern is if it stops working at maximum distance from the beach + I'll be hoping it has enough oomph to get me back if the tide has started to turn. How do I find out, without leaving home, what the water flow is on an outgoing tide ......... does go mainly sideways or???????????

Oh well, it's too late now ............. I'll go and have a splosh somewhere in a pond ..... or maybe a pool. I hope it does work OK.

I probably paid more for it than its new price :(.

Curse that Stella!

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
That's it! Take the pith out of the elderly and mentally infirm ........ possibly.

The theory is that I can do dome local shore diving on the rock ledges and not waste too much time getting out to them ........... but if it is that slow ............ My big concern is if it stops working at maximum distance from the beach + I'll be hoping it has enough oomph to get me back if the tide has started to turn. How do I find out, without leaving home, what the water flow is on an outgoing tide ......... does go mainly sideways or???????????

Oh well, it's too late now ............. I'll go and have a splosh somewhere in a pond ..... or maybe a pool. I hope it does work OK.

I probably paid more for it than its new price :(.

Curse that Stella!
I guess that's the problem with any powered transport - it can take you a lot further from home than you'd want to or be able to walk/swim back. Does it have a voltage meter so you can keep an eye on battery life? If so, I'd be going by the rule of thirds until you get a better idea of it's capabilities and endurance.

The other precaution would be just like any shore dive, always, if possible, swim into the current.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
I've got one......

Let me be the bearer of good (or bad) news.

I have one. Got it from Dragon Mart in Dubai from the Chinese people who make them. Cost me £60 - for that price it was disposable.

It pulled me (erm...130kg...on a diet, honest), in full kit, at more than usual dive pace for 70mins and went down to 30m without a problem. It still had power left when we came up.
I had to keep going around in circles to keep up with my buddy.

I have the twin speed 12v version though.

Only problem I have had with it is the top handle came off when I put a 1kg weight in the nose. My fault for lifting it too quick! It is held on to the body by plastic plugs and a couple of small screws so I drilled the holes out and put stainless bolts straight through - no problems now!

Fun, fun, fun.....

·
It doesn't look like that from where I'm sitting..
4,745 Posts
They've got something the same on there now... 'buy it now' for £85... even if you only got 'holiday' use out of it, it would be worth it... probably cost you more in extra baggage though... unless you left all of your clothes at home! (In Finless' case(!), I wouldn't put it past him!

Have fun with it Fin!

Pete

·
Mod 2.5 apparently
703 Posts
I got one of those have only used it in the pool and down to 10m but it was fun, and for £60 its disposable if it breaks.
It isnt the most powerful thing in the world but a good laff and i do use slightly less air when i got it.

·
Nigel Hewitt
7,142 Posts
Oops ...... carried away on eBay and bought myself one of those little plastic dive scooters ...... good for 25 mtrs. :frown:
I have the grey one (a bit deeper) and an Apollo and, frankly, I prefer it as it's just positive in the water so on a tether it 'hangs' above me when I'm not using it.

Lots of fun and everybody wants to borrow it in the pool.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, in short, I bought the wrong one (should have the grey one) and paid £20 too much for it! Marvellous!!!

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Finless, I take it, the scooters one of those Seadoo Chinese copies?
I would like to hear if works okay as I have been tempted by them myself :embarassed:
No probs. I'll post my opinions in a few weeks after I have (hopefully) received the item and found the time to get to a pond to have a play.

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

There is one hour to go on the next DPV and it is only at £41!!!!! I bid £80 for mine ................. didn't know it was a cheap copy ......................... curses and I hereby do promise never to look at eBay again after I've been drinking Stella!

:(

·
23,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Lobbocks!!!! It went for £62 .......... £18 less than I paid!!!

Sigh, no wonder I'm not wealthy!

1 - 20 of 76 Posts