YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Dear Pilot Divers

Is Mork from your esteemed club a bit of a dive jonah? setting aside the fact that he is a northener poncing down south, he has been out with us 3 times now on 3 seasearch dives, on each we have missed the wreck, 2 in outstanding vis.

Is this bad luck something he has brought down saff with him or is it a skill he has picked up from some of you lot in Maidstone?

Could you please next thursday when you are all down the pub, exorcise him of this evil spirit for the good and betterment of Canterbury Diver.

I await in antisipation the day i land a shot on a wreck with a Pilot Diver on board  

Dive Safe

Paul  

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

No the fella is cursed.

Most of the dives Mork and myself were booked on this month have been cancelled because of bad weather even though we have had the best weather in years.

Subs appear to be his thing. Every time me and him book up to do a sub it gets blown out.

In fact everytime he is on the boat something seems to go wrong. Only on bank Monday as an example, 2 divers on the boat with us had to pay a visit to the pot and Mork managed to rip his wrist seal after the first dive.

I use to think it was me that was cursed but its been proved  with out a doubt that it is mork.

Dive with him at your own risk...

That said I do believe Mork and myself where going to try and do a couple dives with you guys in September if thats ok, I think Mork has already emailed you about it but seeing as he is cursed maybe I should leave him at home and come on my own instead  

·
Registered
7 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dan @ Aug. 28 2003,18:13)]I use to think it was me that was cursed but its been proved  with out a doubt that it is mork.
Dan... are you sure?..... Very very sure?  

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Imported post

Hey dont nock that Mork fella he is one of the good gyes at the club. Apart from being a northen inbred type that is

Blown out on the Shirala on Wednsday. Blown out again on Monday next week due to some corperat gig

Paul are you doing any thing  25m ish Sat, Sun (afternoon) Monday or Tuesday, I am trying to get my wife in the water but cant find anything at the moment.

ATB

Mark Chase

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Imported post

Dan

I would add that on the single occassion that Mork and Mindy both came out on a purly Canterbury Divers Dive, no Seasearch involvement, we had a cracking dive on UB55.

I will admit it took us an hour to get it shotted but it was well worth the wait. Funny enough this latest dive was trying for a Sub, in France and we had a cracking 8m vis, but no damn sub.

With the rubbish vis off Dover today (.5m and the sea got up to force 7 while we were on site), if i get a flat sea we will be straight accross the channel again.

I wondered why he was wearing a semi dry yesterday.

Regards

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Imported post

Mark

With the naff weather forcast, who knows what we will be diving, everything will be 30-35m, there is no vis inshore at the moment for the shallow stuff, although if we cross the channel we may get a shallow one on one of the banks, but i cannot guarentee it.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Imported post

Thought my ears were burning!!!..............and I dived in a semidry because I'm a hard northerner who feels no pain!!

Mork (**** E)

·
10,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Imported post

Well i did warn you i was going to ask, as there is a definate pattern to your visits. Forgot i did not text you the site details, well we dived very near UB56 on Le Colbart (sounds better than the Ridge), about 9NM off Cape Gris-Nez.

As it was 19Deg on the bottom, maybe the semi was not so macho after all.

Dear Pilot Divers,

I forgot to say, does this Jonahism (made up word maybe) also cover other kit, like as he passes my fins out the handheld radio on them ends up on the bottom of the harbour, and guess what the bottom of Dover marina looks like.

Luckily we had a trainee Dive Leader available to chuck in and recover it.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
82 Posts
Imported post

was lovely and warm in that semi-dry actually..............and you'll have to thank Simon for me - think i owe him a pint or two for that!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Imported post

I think so far we have been lucky and he hasn't broken anyone else kit other than his own(or have you m8 and just not told us) mind you he did try to take out a building under construction in Gozo earlier this year

·
Registered
82 Posts
Imported post

don't mention that..........it was very painful and i've still got the scars to prove it    

1 - 11 of 11 Posts