YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Imported post

Hi all,

I'm not prying into anyones projects ,,,,but ..

Anyone know of a old wreck off Brixham about 8 miles offshore on the 50 mt depth limit,,,, must be oldish ...may contain a TREASURE CHEST and a old PIRATE ship..

It's to solve a personal puzzle in a very young lads life ( 7 years old ) ....

Many thanks in advance ..

Andy

·
Not as tall in real life
4,059 Posts
Imported post

Right like if I knew of a wreck that may contain a treasure chest I would let on.....  ;)

Actually,  sorry genuinely have not got a clue.

Now where did I leave that dubloon.....

·
Just not enough dive time.
9,135 Posts
Imported post

You must have, I've seen that treasure chest of kit you've got, spill the beanz Daz!
Matt

·
Registered
202 Posts
Imported post

i dive brixham on a regular basis and have no knowledge of what you speak, if you can provide positioning i will happily have a look for you..... for a cut of course.

regard's

nitrox

·
old time
6,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Imported post

I don't know where to begin on this one. Just hope no-one laughs.

OK ,, Question i asked if anyone knew of a wreck site off Brixham ?   ...

A little 7 year old lad has 4 nights of nightmares starting at around 20:30 until 6:30,, talking all the time in his sleep. All he keeps on about is a ship on the sea bed in deep water, it's broken up and there is a small chest and a key there nearby.

The spooky bit...

A X marks the spot on a small scale childrens atlas, ( brand new book ) the mark appeared during the first night of nightmares.

2nd mark appears in a normal esso road map.

Ok, you are thinking that i have lost the plot , BUT when these 2 positions are checked out,, the POSITION is 8 miles off Brixham and is on the 50 mt contour line. 46 mts is about right.

Bewteen the to marks on the map ,,, this kid made a slight error of being 8 miles out,,, which i find remarkable.

RESEARCH is coming into me in drips and drabs & i'll keep you all posted and up to date.

What i can tell you is that, a East indianman went down near this position, and 1 chest containing small hand craved figures was sold in 1907 from a shop in Brixham that got this chest from a sailor to whom is unknown at the present  

·
Registered
154 Posts
Imported post

SHIP MAD ROB HERE TO SOLVE MYSTERY MAYBE....I HAVE MAPS FROM DORSET TO LANDS END WITH 1300 MARKED AREAS OF SHIPPING AND NAMES,GOT A BOAT .WILL TRAVEL,AS LIVING IN AREA SOON TO DIVE THEM ALL.. GIVE ME A BELL 07890 293781

1 - 8 of 8 Posts