• Villain?

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Imported post

It's been a few years since Ollie hung up his spurs and went to that great drinks cabinet in the sky....... RIP.

So what say you, YD? Hero or villain??

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Imported post

Neither in my book, however if there was a category for great character/quality maniac of the Keith Moon sty-lee, I'd put him in there

Hey what about a "Favourite alcoholic of all time" poll? see how Ollie fares against Burton, Harris, Hemmingway et al

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
Imported post

**** Jagger barred Paul O'Grady(Lily Savage) from going on a tour with the Stones because he was a bad influence on Keith Moon. No' kidding!

Peter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>HERO!

No doubt there; the last Great White Party Animal.

All hail to the king!  Died on the job beating men half his age in the fine art of excess; what a guy.

Came close to beatification when I saw him on that late night, "Lets-talk-middle-class-high-brow-bollox" show. Seriously well oiled, spoiling for a stramash and kissing the lesbian femenist writer; Priceless!   Sprayed ma telly with ma special brew and almost choked on ma kebab.  What were they thinking when they sent the invite out?

A genuine platinum rogue.  Good work fella.  If only we had more like him.  We are drowning in entertainment that is an insult to mediocrity.  My Chi is being fu*cked with, assulted daily by reality TV clones and failed soap stars with esturine whines, too perfect teeth and nicer skin than a Choir-boy.  It is far past the time that real men were put back on the telly.  Come back Ollie all is forgiven.  Down with the shiney, whingey coiffed army of effete Z-list wannabes; lets dig the old bugger up and stick him on BBC2. We could mount him in a striking pose and have a recording of all his classic 'bon motes'.

I am certain it would be more entertaining just looking at his death's head grin and sly wink than sitting thru yet another "celebrity" mutual stroke fest!

Infact, I feel a letter to points of view forming in my spleen......

·
Registered
22 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>Are you not thinking of Keith Richards?

Who ever though, that is a serious claim to fame!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (peter k @ Mar. 01 2004,13:59)]**** Jagger barred Paul O'Grady(Lily Savage) from going on a tour with the Stones because he was a bad influence on Keith Moon. No' kidding!

Peter
<font color='#3BB9FF'>I heard that on Parky on Saturday!!! Fantastic!!!!!

x x x

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Hero

Must be with that name

Gladiator was a fitting finale i'd say.

Regards

Paul

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Ahh

Has not Bren posted this on the wrong forum?

Is it not a Non Diving Post?

Must be a Port fine for a moderator doing that

Vote's please

Regards

Paul

·
Grumbler-chief in Residence
1,969 Posts
Imported post

Ollie Reed, used to drink in the Chequers in Farnham (Surrey) when around our way, a fine man when sober, an even finer one when not. Watched him put out the fire using only the contents of his bladder, it was a big fire. Stank something rotten but seriously impressive, such volume.

Could be a bit of an a'hole when closing time arrived, plus the people he came with had a nightmare, always the same group, why they did it I will never know, I would have shot the old git and been done with it.

So my vote is for hero.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#FF0000'>yup top man can't fault him, screw anything drink anything. even did a spot of diving.
yeh definate hero.  

·
iGeek therefore iTrek
3,253 Posts
Imported post

Kieth Moon was in the Who - not the Stones

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

So that would be Keith Richards then?

·
1,773 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#000F22'>Ollie Reed and Keith Moon used to go drinking together quite regularly.

They also heartily enjoyed dressing up - usually as Nazi Generals - and then consumed masses of booze. Brandy IIRC was a fave.

Keith Moon's biography has many tales about the two of them on the lash.

Fantasic boozers the pair of 'em but compared to Dylan Thomas or Hemmingway or even Ken Kesey or Jack Kerouac?

May all of their their glasses remain full eternally !!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Imported post

I heard that on the day he died, him and a bunch of drinking buddies that he had only just met, drank a spanish bar dry of beer and then started going through the spirits

Ollie then decided to challenge all comers to an arm wrestling contest - beat most of them then dropped dead.

I couldn't think of many better ways to go than that

hero through and through

·
Registered
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Imported post

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Paul Oliver @ Mar. 01 2004,15:46)]Ahh

Has not Bren posted this on the wrong forum?

Is it not a Non Diving Post?

Must be a Port fine for a moderator doing that

Vote's please

Regards

Paul
YD Court 'Dive' Marshal: YD (WO2 - full 22 ticket - Oliver for the Prosecution at said Court 'Dive' Marshal) vs Tierney.

Charge: Tierney; Erroneously entering a post under a false flag, whilst being chief combatant/protagonist is said thread.

Plea for Mitigating Circumstances:

WO2 Oliver: "None, Sir; the defendant is a complete and utter Muppet and deserves a damned good flogging.....with a 2 metre hose!!"

Tierney: (having been marched-in, removes cap, faces front, stands to attention in 'show-clean' number-twos) "With respect to the bench, whilst this posting was indeed in the wrong section, might I proffer the news that Ollie could drink enough to fill Stoney Cove, umpteen times over - ergo diving related?!"

Bench's Verdict: Twat! Guilty as charged! March him out and take him down (Tierney taken under close-arrest and confined to barracks by WO2 Oliver shouting 'Double'!)

Sentence: Tierney was dishonourably dischared from Surface Interval and dismissed the service. Port Fine disallowed as being 'too lenient'.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Imported post

<font color='#0000FF'>My missus met him in Guernsey when she was working down there. Said he was the most vile, loathsome person imaginable. Got completely plastered, swore everyone out of the hotel bar and proceded to stack shot glasses on a pool table and fire the cue ball at them, smashing the lot.

End of the night, couldn't give a crap and just threw down a wad of cash as if it was nothing to do with him....

·
10,161 Posts
Imported post

Bren

Nice one

I would generally start off saying to the CO:- "Good morning sah, nice day for a Hanging/flogging" dependant on the nature of the offence.

In this case i think a flogging would suffice.

Dive Safe

Paul

1 - 17 of 17 Posts