YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some money put onto my credit card for £81 so that means I have got some tickets to go to see the football at Coventry as part of the Olympics. We get two games for that and there are 5 so not bad value. Hopefully there will be some more money going out for other tickets soon.

Who else has tickets lined up and for which events?

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They haven't told me yet which tickets we have got but as all of the events are different prices I have worked out which they were - the thing that fooled me to start with was that they added £6 on for postage. Must be heavy tickets. I thought for a while that we had got opening ceremony tickets then I twigged what the score was - a little deflated but good otherwise.

·
Confused? You will be.
2,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They are still taking money until the 10 June so all may not be lost - this is what I received from them a while ago. Also there are "second chance" tickets for those that applied and got nothing.

Important London 2012 Olympic Games ticket application information
Thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets. As you will be aware, we have started to allocate tickets and are now taking payment from Visa credit and debit cards, as well as banking cheques and postal orders.

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated.

Second chance sales
There will be another chance to apply for tickets – we are calling this ‘second chance sales’.

If you have not been allocated any tickets in the initial process, you will have the first chance to apply for tickets. This will be followed by a further chance for those who were allocated some or all of their ticket requests.

Second chance sales will include tickets for lots of great sport including Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoe Sprint, Cycling (Women’s Mountain Bike), Football, Handball, Hockey, Taekwondo, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. So there are plenty of other chances to be part of the greatest show on earth.

Card payments
Visa payments will only be taken for successful applications. If your card has been lost or stolen or there are any issues with collection of payment, we will contact you by 10 June 2011 to arrange an alternative Visa payment.

Cheque and postal order payments
If you are allocated any or all of the tickets you applied for and paid by cheque or postal orders, the full amount of your application will be banked. Applicants due refunds of more than £1,000 will receive their payment via bank transfer by 10 June 2011. Refunds due for all other amounts will be processed within five working days of funds clearing.

If you are not allocated any tickets your cheque will be securely destroyed. If you paid by postal order, the full payment will be deposited and you will receive a letter explaining the refund collection process.

Be aware
During this time, please beware of bogus or unauthorised ticket websites claiming to be associated with the 2012 Games. London 2012 will never contact you directly to ask for personal or financial details in relation to your ticketing account, or ask you to reveal your ticketing account password.
If you receive an email, letter or telephone call asking for such information, please report it to us. For further information on avoiding scams, please visit the Stay safe online page of our website.
Best wishes,
The London 2012 Ticketing team

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
One of the guys at work was in for £3500, as was his missus, so 7k total. They got £126 worth of tickets between them.

I didn't apply, I will have had enough of the bloody thing by the time it comes round:)

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Seems like a complicated method. Why not use something like Ticketline? Yopu choose the seats etch. For me it's KISS, for organizers it has to be some complicated roundabout system.
In fact I have no idea how foreigners can get tickets from abroad. I have my doubts it will encourage tourism, more the opposite if you ask me. With the high costs and confusion it's probably best to go elsewhere unless it's really the Olympics you want to see.

·
So long and thanks for all the fish!
891 Posts
I had 1/5 of the amount applied for taken but haven't been able to figure out what events they are due to the admin charges and not being able to find the printout of the different things I applied for LOL

·
Weasily recognised or stoatily different?
1,130 Posts
As I understand it you can also buy tickets on the 'open' European market through the authorised agents. Under Eu law (one market and all that) we are entitled to buy them from any (legitimate) source. As many tickets were reserved for these outlets it gives a second (third?) bite at the cherry.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12,457 Posts
They are still taking money until the 10 June so all may not be lost - this is what I received from them a while ago. Also there are "second chance" tickets for those that applied and got nothing.

Important London 2012 Olympic Games ticket application information
Thank you for applying for London 2012 Olympic tickets. As you will be aware, we have started to allocate tickets and are now taking payment from Visa credit and debit cards, as well as banking cheques and postal orders.

The vast majority of payments will be taken by next week (31 May), with the entire process completed by 10 June.

We will contact you before 24 June to let you know if you have been successful and, if so, which tickets you have been allocated.

Second chance sales
There will be another chance to apply for tickets – we are calling this ‘second chance sales’.

If you have not been allocated any tickets in the initial process, you will have the first chance to apply for tickets. This will be followed by a further chance for those who were allocated some or all of their ticket requests.

Second chance sales will include tickets for lots of great sport including Basketball, Beach Volleyball, Boxing, Canoe Sprint, Cycling (Women’s Mountain Bike), Football, Handball, Hockey, Taekwondo, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Wrestling. So there are plenty of other chances to be part of the greatest show on earth.

Card payments
Visa payments will only be taken for successful applications. If your card has been lost or stolen or there are any issues with collection of payment, we will contact you by 10 June 2011 to arrange an alternative Visa payment.

Cheque and postal order payments
If you are allocated any or all of the tickets you applied for and paid by cheque or postal orders, the full amount of your application will be banked. Applicants due refunds of more than £1,000 will receive their payment via bank transfer by 10 June 2011. Refunds due for all other amounts will be processed within five working days of funds clearing.

If you are not allocated any tickets your cheque will be securely destroyed. If you paid by postal order, the full payment will be deposited and you will receive a letter explaining the refund collection process.

Be aware
During this time, please beware of bogus or unauthorised ticket websites claiming to be associated with the 2012 Games. London 2012 will never contact you directly to ask for personal or financial details in relation to your ticketing account, or ask you to reveal your ticketing account password.
If you receive an email, letter or telephone call asking for such information, please report it to us. For further information on avoiding scams, please visit the Stay safe online page of our website.
Best wishes,
The London 2012 Ticketing team
There are still tickets for the beach volleyball? No wonder the americans think we're all gay.

·
A short fat well off crap cave diver. Likes wrecks
15,343 Posts
Still waiting to find out as the wife is away and i cant access the on line CC details (dont know how). We have £600 worth of Gymnastics tickets we hope.

If they really are sold out it quite amazing. The Chinese put on an amazing Olympics but it looked like half the stand were empty for a lot of events so that less than impressive.

ATB

Mark

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
*RIP*

*OFF*

I swore I would be supportive of the Olympics, but having watched the farce that was Volunteer selection and now the even bigger farce that is ticketing, and charging shedloads for an electronic system to not take money or maybe take some money and post a bit of paper, its clear the pocket liners are up to their usual tricks.

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
*RIP*

*OFF*

I swore I would be supportive of the Olympics, but having watched the farce that was Volunteer selection and now the even bigger farce that is ticketing, and charging shedloads for an electronic system to not take money or maybe take some money and post a bit of paper, its clear the pocket liners are up to their usual tricks.
How do you work that one out?

The first run of ticketting was on a lottery basis. You made a selection based on what you wanted. If you've had money debited from your visa card, you've got tickets. If you haven't, then you haven't.

I'm not seeing a rip off, I'm seeing everyone getting a reasonably fair go at getting tickets.... or am i missing something?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts