YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
All men are created equal, then some become Toads.
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
olympics tickets did you get yours ?

what another damm con ? :thumbs_down: yet again we brits get ripped off ! :thumbs_down: didn't we just no that was going to happen !:thumbs_down:

did anyone get a ticket they wanted ? :angry: guess fifa got there's ?:zip:

lord coe or should it be lord con :angry:

maybe we should just watch it on telly and forget the tickets that will fcuk the touts up
and lord coe will look a right pratt with empty stadiums

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
olympics tickets did you get yours ?

what another damm con ? :thumbs_down: yet again we brits get ripped off ! :thumbs_down: didn't we just no that was going to happen !:thumbs_down:

did anyone get a ticket they wanted ? :angry: guess fifa got there's ?:zip:

lord coe or should it be lord con :angry:

maybe we should just watch it on telly and forget the tickets that will fcuk the touts up
and lord coe will look a right pratt with empty stadiums
which bit is the con?

have I missed something?

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
Neither I nor SWMBO got any.....but...apparently neither did Boris Johnson!

There's always the 2nd round I guess!

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
We are one of the main designers and a lot of people put in for tickets. Very few got anything. 55% of the tickets are corporate anyway.

I shall be on holiday. No idea where, but I am not staying here for it

·
All men are created equal, then some become Toads.
903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
which bit is the con?

have I missed something?
you not been watching the news where evreyone saying they didnt get the tickets they wanted or tried to get ?

but fifa get handed a load of top tickets they can give away for a small fee i would guess ?

so you don't think thats a con and it could have been dealt with more farely where real people get the tickets for the events they wanted

now the only way to get a ticket is to pay loads of money to the ticket touts

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
you not been watching the news where evreyone saying they didnt get the tickets they wanted or tried to get ?

but fifa get handed a load of top tickets they can give away for a small fee i would guess ?

so you don't think thats a con and it could have been dealt with more farely where real people get the tickets for the events they wanted

now the only way to get a ticket is to pay loads of money to the ticket touts
No, I haven't heard about FIFA getting tickets. That is why i asked - what is the con, and have I missed something.

I applied for tickets, and got none.

If FIFA applied and got them, or someone applied on their behalf, then so what? I had as much chance, given the amount I was prepared to risk, as any.

You win some, you lose some. Am I bothered? nope. not one bit. I'll watch what I want to from the comfort of my sofa in Wales (that is, if we've moved by then :D)

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
If FIFA applied and got them, or someone applied on their behalf, then so what? I had as much chance, given the amount I was prepared to risk, as any.
I may have misinterpreted but I think gixer is saying FIFA were given their allocation not that they were part of the lucky/unlucky draw?

·
Registered
24,810 Posts
I may have misinterpreted but I think gixer is saying FIFA were given their allocation not that they were part of the lucky/unlucky draw?
oh.. but is that any different from the athletics or swimming, or any other sports governing body being given an allocation?

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
oh.. but is that any different from the athletics or swimming, or any other sports governing body being given an allocation?
Not necessarily but I'd like to know how many tickets were reserved fo allocations and how many were in the ballot. ATEOTD though it doesn't make a huge difference to me but so many people I know that entered the ballot didn't gt anything and it just seems strange

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
It's a lottery. It was heavily oversubscribed. It relies on sponsorship.

Do the maths, of course some people were going to be disappointed.

Here's a tip for all of those who didn't get their tickets - take the money you would have spent, buy a ferking great massive surround sound TV and a beer fridge, and guarantee yourself the best seats in the house.

·
Registered
10,794 Posts
It's a lottery. It was heavily oversubscribed. It relies on sponsorship.

Do the maths, of course some people were going to be disappointed.

Here's a tip for all of those who didn't get their tickets - take the money you would have spent, buy a ferking great massive surround sound TV and a beer fridge, and guarantee yourself the best seats in the house.
Better still...if you're near a venue rent out your house/rooms and go on holiday :D

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
ffs i couldt give a rats ass that you didnt get a ticket to what is a big fancy waste of time and money and not of any interest to a suprising ammount of people.

as has been said its a lottery, you dont get them by default just cause you wanted them. so frankly didums stop tossing a hissy fit and accept it.

likewise i couldnt give 2 rather smelly curry based poos that some belive fifa is corrupt and its somehow massive news and of vital importance to the entire world. cause its not. infact most realy dont even notice it.

·
Sorry for being a dick
1,757 Posts
I applied for 4 different events and got tickets to 1 event. Not sure whether it's swimming, gymnastics or athletics though. I didn't even want to go but my girlfriend made me apply.

·
A VS Cash Cow
17,832 Posts
none for me. but the company i work for is a tier 3 sponsor which will mean none for me either.

·
PMs are being edited
9,612 Posts
none for me. but the company i work for is a tier 3 sponsor which will mean none for me either.
We are also tier 3. I think the Co. managed to get some, and they will be a lottery. Given we have 17,000 staff I don't think I'll bother.

The reason we went for sponsorship is that even though we are doing massive amounts of work, we weren't allowed to publicise it. No we are tier 3, we can use the logo and advertise our involvement.

·
Account Deleted
750 Posts
I didn't get mine either, what a feckin wast of time applying for them.

Also a young chap who trains at my gym and is lifting in the weightlifting has had his funding stopped, the BSB say they have run out of money so what does that tell you?

·
Account Deleted
750 Posts
Not really, because if you hadn't applied, you would have had zero chance
very true, im thinking i'll be better off watching it at home as it will probably be raining and i'll keep dry and save the money to spend on diving

1 - 20 of 26 Posts