YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am trying to extend my string on my top dump valve on my OMS single bladder wing. problem is when I unscrew the dump valve the hole lot comes off including the bit that should stay fixed to the wing. I have soaked it in hot water but still no joy. Is there an easy way to get them apart. I have thought about putting some grips on it but it may chew the sides up a bit. Has anybody had the same problems I think it has been overtightend at some time.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Have the same problem with all of mine, ended up with a flatblade screwdriver into the top vent holes and lever one part around from the other, you end up with a bit of marking inside but the buggers do go tight.

Edit: why not just tie the string extention onto the one that is there to save damaging yours?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dump valve

Hi managed to sort it, I put it in a vice and got some grips on it. A few choice swear words at it and bobs your uncle it popped off. I can’t understand why they don’t come with a long cord on and then you cut it to your required length.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi
After unscrewing the valve to put a longer string on, I crossthreaded it putting it back on.

After getting a new one I just tied a longer cord to the one provided and have just put on a AP valves bigger plastic toggle on to it.

Dave

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.