YD Scuba Diving Forums banner

OMS wing dimensions

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Martin Owen 
#1 ·
Does anyone know if there is any difference in the width and height of the 45, 60 and 94 lb wings or is it just the depth that differs? (i know the "Larry Green signature" wing is taller) i have done a search but i can't find anything giving the dimensions.

Im looking to use one on twin 10's and ideally want a 45 lb wing but wondered if the others would be physically too large?

#2 ·
This is the dir side coming out but go for halcyon if your thinking of investing in a wing , personally nothing compares , also why are you wanting to dive twin 10's ? go for 12's there is virtually no weight diffrence but they will trim out alot better in the water , plus there will be enough gas for 2 dives ! , also if you go for eurocylinders they are longer than faber for example and there superb for sitting your kit down ont he boat of whatever without your wing or harness trapping under anything , hope this helps ;) (sorry for not actually answering any of your questions)

#5 ·
why are you wanting to dive twin 10's ? go for 12's there is virtually no weight diffrence but they will trim out alot better in the water , plus there will be enough gas for 2 dives ! , also if you go for eurocylinders they are longer than faber for example and there superb for sitting your kit down ont he boat of whatever without your wing or harness trapping under anything , hope this helps ;) (sorry for not actually answering any of your questions)
I chose euro 10's as 99% of my diving is 1 dive per day, i also have a weak back (from an operation) so ANY weight saved is welcome, they trim perfectly with my current apeks WTX4, but i am looking to get something not quite as wide, this would also have the additional benefit of being useable on a single 15 (not ideal maybe, but more than useable and i can't warrant a second wing just for the very occasional single tank diving i might do on holiday)

Bungies ........ i know im doomed! :eek:mg: but for ME they offer far more benefits than a non bungied wing.
DIR? im closer to DIW thankyou.

#3 ·
I used to have a set of 300bar 10s and used an OMS 94lb wing, I never had any worries about the height or length of the wing, never got it trapped underneath. The bungies kept it neat and tidy, when stowed or in use, they are very good wings, I've since sold the tanks but still use the wing... I can't compare it to the other capacity wings as I've not used them sorry.

Reactions: Martin Owen
#9 · (Edited)
To answer my own question, I have stumbled across the sizes and spec's here

Item #..............Description.....................Dimensions(deflated)..Weight.....Max. Buoyancy
BC117-K45........45lb Single Bladder..............28"w x 25"h..................3.66 lbs......45 lb lift
BC117-K60........60lb Single Bladder..............31.5"w x 24"h...............3.77 lbs......60 lb lift
BC115-K...........60lb Double Bladder.............29"w x 25"h...................6.32 lbs.....60 lb lift
BC117-K...........94lb Single Bladder..............36.5"w x 25.5"h.............4.13 lbs......94 lb lift
BC118-K...........94lb Double Bladder.............36.5"w x 25"h................6.33 lbs......94 lb lift

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.