Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I have some surplus equipment in my garage that I am selling:

OMS Wing Set
OMS Single Wing 32lbs with power inflator
OMS stainless steel backplate
Two OMS Tank Bands with stainless steel Cam Buckles
OMS Comfort Harness (fully adjustable)
OMS Back Pad (with storage compartment for SMB, etc)

All items are original OMS and brand new.

Current cheapest online price for the set is GBP 635,-
selling for GBP 599.00 plus postage ono.

and

Suunto D9tx (elastomer strap version) Dive Computer Set
This one has recently won the award for Best Diving Product 2012!!
complete with wireless tank pressure transmitter
USB cable, etc.
Brand new, in original box.

Current cheapest online price I found is GBP 925,-
selling for GBP 880,- plus postage ono.

PM me if you are interested, or if you have any questions!

Save dives...
Scubademon

·
Registered
505 Posts
Don't mean to be rude but at the prices you are selling, I would spend the tiny bit extra for all the protection you get when buying from a shop!

Your prices are way over for me, sorry.

Good luck at those prices!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

·
Technical Dive Instructor
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why would I undersell brand new stuff? I don't HAVE to get rid of them, so I'm not in a hurry. I myself have bought many things over this forum, and never had a bad experience. As well, I offer people to pay via PayPal, which gives them all the protection they'd ever need, as they can withdraw their payment, should I, for my part, not send out the items, or, in case I send them broken equipment, etc.

I don't see anything wrong with selling a dive computer for 400 quid under RRP or a wing basically for half the RRP. The prices are listed as "ono.", too, which means "or nearest offer", so people are welcome to make me an offer when they think my asking price is too high. I can't see anything wrong with this!

Consider as well that I am a tech dive instructor working in the UK, so if I'd be involved in any kind of fraud, there goes my reputation as a dive professional! Sometimes reputation and trust is more important than other things.

The
Scubademon

·
Registered
505 Posts
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cause offence, and I was in no way implying that you were attempting to be fraudulent or were a risk of not sending the items out. If that's how my post came across, please accept my apology.

My only point was that in your original post you stated the Wing setup could be bought online (presumably from a shop) for £635, and you were offering yours for £599. That by my count is only £36 less than I could buy from a shop with all the guarantees/warranty/security etc that it offers. IMHO... new or not, to buy from a personal seller, i'd want a bigger incentive than £36.

The same with the Computer, a saving of £45 on a near £1000 computer isn't much incentive to purchase from a private seller.

The amount you are selling under RRP is largely irrelevant, potential purchasers would be paying whatever price they can get online, or from a shop, which by your own admission, is significantly less than RRP and therefore your pricing difference is very small compared to actual prices available online, which is what you're competing with.

I was trying to offer some advice on how your ad "may" be see by potential purchasers, like me. If I have seen the "savings" in this way, i'm sure many others have too.

I genuinely wish you luck with your sales, but for the reasons above, think you may find it difficult at the prices you've set.

Once again, I apologise if my first post was misleading, I in no way meant to suggest you were unreliable/fraudulent etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts