1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cor blimey.

Its a great office on days like this :teeth:

So why don't you all take a day off and come diving :angel:

·
Thats MISTER Blue Boots to you....
9,371 Posts
You know, its posts like these that are seriously making me consider moving down south :)
I could never afford to live there though!

·
YDs Most Southerly Monkey
6,434 Posts
Beautiful and it's nice to see that it hasn't changed in 21 years.

·
Oz Ninja
453 Posts
Must be summer over there. Today sees the best rainfall in a year.

Temperature 13.8°C dew point 13.2°C

Relative humidity 96%

Wind SW 18km/h wind gusts 24km/h

Pressure 1011.4hPa fire danger 1.1 Low

Rainfall since 9am/last hr 15.4mm / 0.6mm...:shade:

·
6,434 Posts
Its the jurassic coast... its not allowed to change! :teeth:

Well there's a coincidence, 75% of Tasmania is Jurassic too. Only problem is it's Jurassic dolerite, (hard unyielding volcanic rock deposited when we tore away from Antarctica), rather than the namby pamby limestones and shales that you Southerners got away with, so our Jurassic Coast looks a bit different. (and higher at 1100M or so)

These are from Mt Wellington (top of) overlooking Hobart. (nicked off someone else's site)

·
6,434 Posts
Cor is looks fabby. Josie's Aunte and Uncle live there. I think I shall be saving up for a visit now. See you in 2040 (at this rate :D )

Dave C

Well there's pretty much a standing invite to anyone here (excluding Banned Members of course), who wants to come down here and do a bit........it would, I suspect be the Furthest South YD Gig yet (unless there's been one one in NZ or Tierra del Fuego of course).

Just don't leave it until you're stood in Arrivals at Hobart Airport before you PM me, that's all. :teeth:

Whereabouts do they live?

Please don't say New Norfolk, which shares many of the characteristics of it's namesake - it's the only place I know of where the local GP was done for having sex with......his rotweiler......(he videoed it) - most of em get done for doing it with a patient but this is New Norfolk we're talking about. :eek:mg:

·
Atomic Blonde and Midjit Idjit
16,469 Posts
My drive to work passes here:

My whole journey is along the coast road. It never fails to set me up for the day.

:)

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
My drive to work passes here:

My whole journey is along the coast road. It never fails to set me up for the day.

:)
So does mine funnily enough. Costs me a fortune every day. And I've never seen you! :D

·
Exiled in Scotland...
6,286 Posts
Whereabouts do they live?

Please don't say New Norfolk, which shares many of the characteristics of it's namesake - it's the only place I know of where the local GP was done for having sex with......his rotweiler......(he videoed it) - most of em get done for doing it with a patient but this is New Norfolk we're talking about. :eek:mg:
Erm yes, actually. Thats the place. He's a local smokey, but I think they're moving to Hobart??

·
I provide much-needed sarcasm.
4,099 Posts
Well there's pretty much a standing invite to anyone here (excluding Banned Members of course), who wants to come down here and do a bit........it would, I suspect be the Furthest South YD Gig yet (unless there's been one one in NZ or Tierra del Fuego of course).
I did a couple of dives in Tierra Del Fuego. Have to say they were pretty rubbish. I think they're probably the only sea dives I've ever done where I didn't see any fish, lots of crab, and these squat lobster things that hurtled off in the distance, but no fish at all.

Tazzie's the only state I've not been to. Keep meaning to go.

Jason

·
Very Senior Member
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well there's a coincidence, 75% of Tasmania is Jurassic too. Only problem is it's Jurassic dolerite, (hard unyielding volcanic rock deposited when we tore away from Antarctica), rather than the namby pamby limestones and shales that you Southerners got away with, so our Jurassic Coast looks a bit different. (and higher at 1100M or so)

These are from Mt Wellington (top of) overlooking Hobart. (nicked off someone else's site)
Nice pics....But you miss England:redface:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts