YD Scuba Diving Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got one of my old faithful buddies together who has access to a company boat north vancouver island. Met at the dock for 5pm so by the time we loaded the boat kitted up and so so it was hitting roundabout sunset. :rain:
We decided to go to the hms columbia sistership to the sasquetchewan as we could moor up there and the currents not too bad so it should be a perfect calm half night dive hopefully see some octopus.
Also my buddy told me on the way there about one of his best friends dying inside the columbia the 1st time id ever heard this story and ive dove this wreck 3 times before, then just before we dropped down a fricking huge sea lion came to the surface now my heart was pumping as it didnt look happy.
SO we start to drop down the line and the vis was the crappest ive ever seen very murky indeed and green so we get to 60 feet where you can normally see the deck at 65 feet and the bottom at 120 feet. Then bumped right into the deck i was thinking this dive is a bit touch and go we finned along the deck i didnt really fancy going to the bottom as i was a bit creeped and all i could think about was the sea lion popping his head out behind one of the guns or pulling my fin, a rock cod swam out one of the portholes and i nearly shat myself i thought it was the sealion. :eek:
We turned round after 20mins or so when all of a sudden the current ripped us straight to the line managed to catch it but man this dive as different we did the safety stop clinging to the line surfaced and didnt go for a 2nd dip as we both agreed that dive was almost too scary. :bat:

I dont know if the story about the misfortunate buddy triggerd this, but that is the only dive ive been creeped out, ive even been bumped by a shark before and that seemed fun compared to this.

·
Go Big or Go Home
1,865 Posts
ya brains fried that bump on the noggin is the culprit youre getting old now time to steady down a bit

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
Nice atmospheric dive then :)

Nice report :)

·
Resident Windfarmologist
1,852 Posts
sounds like dover :D

·
DUE CEO, Booking agent, Coffee maker & Dogsbody...
10,161 Posts
All adds to the Adrenaline buzz off Diving :)

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
All adds to the Adrenaline buzz off Diving :)
Yeah but when you find out that Adrenaline can be brown and sticky it makes you look at life a whole new way!!!

BTW, when are you going back motatoad?

Regards
Midnight

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah but when you find out that Adrenaline can be brown and sticky it makes you look at life a whole new way!!!

BTW, when are you going back motatoad?

Regards
Midnight
hehe it was nearly brown too, that dive was sketchy dude
going back where if you mean coming back home from vancouver island to england after spending 4 months here snowboarding and diving:teeth:

i arrive in the uk on 26th april so looking to go diving anywhere up until 20th may as im moving to work in scapa flow for 3 moths divemastering:cool:

·
00.00 hrs
905 Posts
going back where
Sorry mate, I meant going back to the HMS Columbia........ Site of the adrenaline release!!!

(Note to self: Must read posts carefully before clicking "submit reply")

Regards & Safe Diving
Midnight

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that might have been my last dive on the columbia, I dont know if i want to dive it again, im busy shore diving this weekend, hopefully dive the capillano on sunday as my diveshop is running the charter :teeth:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts